CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones

3 posters

Go down

Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones Empty Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones

Post by CA Bot Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Starting outside defender Kevin Jones:

Kim Deal - You are a part of a very stout St. Norbert defense but also a good attacking offense. Do you feel your defense gets overshadowed because of how well your offense plays?

Kevin Jones - I don’t think that we get overshadowed at all. We often stress that we attack and defend as a team together. There have been multiple talks all season how each player doesn’t just play a single position but we all have the freedom to attack and defend as long as we cover for each other.

KD - What do you like best about the flat four defense? Do you think this style of play will benefit you at Carroll with it being such a wide field?

KJ - We played a flat four back for about ¾ of the season. Most recently we have been playing sweeper/ stopper defense. Personally, I like the freedom that the flat four gives me as an outside back. I like to be able to get into the attack from that wing get forward. Its an advantage being able to have the personnel that can play both a flat four or a stopper/sweeper. I think which ever we choose to go with this weekend we will be very strong in the back.

KD - Explain to us your style of team defense. Is it more about bend but don't break? Or high pressure?

KJ - We tend to blend the two styles together. It depends on the type of offense we are facing. There are certain players and teams that we know that we can’t let turn or dribble with the ball. I think we tend to play very high pressure at times but when the time is right we can back off a bit.

KD - Coming into the season your team was the preseason favorite to win the conference. Has being the third seed in the tournament been a disappointment to your team or a source of motivation?

KJ - I don’t think the seed has mattered to us that much. We are just very focused on what we need to do as a team and what we need to do in order to keep our season going as long as possible.

KD - Which games in the 2009 season were the most difficult? Do you regret anything about your team's performance throughout the season?

KJ - I think one of the harder games of the season was Oshkosh. We went into the match knowing that we can play with teams of that quality. It was a disappointment losing that match in the fashion that we did. However, we have taken games like that and learned from them and grown stronger.

KD - In your first match up, Grinnell won 3-1, you now find yourself with a chance at redemption. What has your team learned from your earlier match?

KJ - I think we learned that we need to come out strong against them from the first minute of the match. They are a talented side and we are going to have to play well together as a team. I think we are going to make the adjustments that we need to from the first match to give us the best chance to win the match on Friday.

KD - Having tied Carroll in a game where St. Norbert dominated the field, do you feel your team may be looking past Grinnell for a chance to beat the regular season champions?

KJ - Absolutely not, some people would say we made that mistake last year. I think we are very focused on what we have to do tomorrow vs. Grinnell. We know that Grinnell is going to be a tough match and we are taking it very seriously.

KD - Can you give us a prediction for your Friday match up?

KJ - I know we lost to them earlier in the season but am going to say 2-0. We haven’t been getting the results that we have wanted lately but I think we are playing some of our best soccer all year right now.

CA Bot
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones Empty Re: Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones

Post by BenVA Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Yea kj! Way to be a man and make a prediction.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones Empty Re: Interview with St. Norberts Kevin Jones

Post by carter Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Playing well so far Mr. Jones. Funny you are matched up with Rosengerg...the other intervieweeeeee
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down