CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
St Norberts at Lake Forest College EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

St Norberts at Lake Forest College

+3
BenVA
carter
LFCDAD
7 posters

Go down

St Norberts at Lake Forest College Empty St Norberts at Lake Forest College

Post by LFCDAD Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Foresters upset the Green Knights 1 - 0 at Lake Forest. SNC definitely the better team but, in my opinion, did not play with the same amount of heart that LFC did.

Obviously, I am an LFC parent and perhaps a little biased, however, this is a different LFC team than the one that laid an egg last week at Ripon. Either way, today's victory was a big one for the LFC program.

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

St Norberts at Lake Forest College Empty Re: St Norberts at Lake Forest College

Post by carter Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:07 pm

WOW! How the hell did this happen???? I don't mean to take away from LF but the Green Knights seemed to be the class of the conference coming into the year.

Do you think LF has what it takes to make it to the conference tournament or is this a flash in the pan?
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:45 pm

They were a solid team. I don't know if they can bring that kind of heart to every game but if they can they have a solid shot at the tourny. We just need to work some things out offensively, we didn't have any "great chances" that we choked on. We just didn't make them and that caused our loss today.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

St Norberts at Lake Forest College Empty Way to Step-Up LF

Post by Redsg Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:56 am

Not taking anything away from St. Norberts, they are a very good team, but this week of fame goes to Lake Forest. Lets givem their due, no one (even myself) pick them to win.

Love seeing underdogs step-up and play a good game. LFCDAD I agree you did not play your best against Ripon, but I could see the potential in your team at that game. As I stated you were playing better than your record showed. Your coach must have instituted a good game plan to keep you close and be victorious.

Congrats to Lake Forest and their new coach, what a great way for a New Coach to get his first Conference Win.

Kim- maybe You could get a few comments on the win from their new coach.

Redsg

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarie10 Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:21 pm

i'm not too sure what happened to snc, but it always happens at some point in the midwest conference. I'm not trying to take anything away from snc, but i've played with some of their better players in the summer and they definitely have what it takes to get it done. Ben, you need to take this game as the flint to your fire and ride that spark all the way through the remainder of the season just as carroll did last year with the wisco lutheran loss. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with your ranking last week of 21, but obviousley people think you have to get it done. Sometimes this can be the best thing for a good team to level their heads a bit. Don't take anything game for granite, and when you play par teams from now on use this as motivation to blow teams out. I don't like giving advice to a arch nemisis of mine, but since I'm done what do i care Smile

dmarie10

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCDAD Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:48 pm

A couple comments:

Ben VA, I am assuming you are #9 - I have never seen you play before yesterday as I didn't make the trip up to DePere last year but I liked how you played yesterday. I don't know if yesterday was subpar for you or not, but you kept bringing it the entire match.

Redsg - I agree with your assessment of what you saw at the Ripon - LFC match. Ripon were the better team that day, but not three goals better. At 0 - 0, LFC had two point blank chances inside the 6 that were saved by Ripon's keeper (who now has a broken nose). Off of those missed chances, Ripon scored on the counter attack. A questionable PK 5 minutes later, at lease from my angle and distance (those things happen), and the air was out of the balloon.

LFC also is getting guys who were injured at the beginning of the season back on the field so I am looking for better play from them moving forward.

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic11 Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:17 pm

How does Ripon's keeper now having a broken nose have anything to do with the result of the LFC - Ripon game?!?! That's one of the most oddly placed pieces of information I have ever seen. To me, it sort of seems like you're insinuating that if he had broken his nose sooner or something, Lake Forest would have beat Ripon. I'm sorry, but I do not see why you randomly put that in what you wrote.

Anyways, congrats to Lake Forest for beating Norberts. Definitely caught a lot of people by surprise, looks like it will be a very interesting battle to make the mwc tournament this year.

celtic11

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCDAD Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Sorry, did not mean to do that. I was merely adding current information regarding the goalkeeper. It did not happen during the LFC - Ripon match. As I said before, Ripon were the better team that day.

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:57 pm

D, thanks for the advice. We are trying to work some things out but all it really comes down to is finishing. We just need to get back on track after 2 poor weekends.

Lfcdad - yes I am #9 this year. Thank you for the compliment and to answer your question it was a better game for me but I did miss a free kick and a volley that after watching the game tape I feel I really should have finished. Hopefully we can get great oppertunities against beliot and find the net early.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:44 pm

Upsets already. Good win for a team with a new coach, coupled with a weak showing in 2008. Looks like the MWC has new dark horse.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down