CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond

+3
BOMBER
drago
CA Bot
7 posters

Go down

Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond Empty Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond

Post by CA Bot Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 am

With the looming Carroll Vs. St. Norbert game approaching Kim Deal interviews a key player from Norbert, Ben Vanden Avond.

The Interview:

1.) Who would you say your biggest rival is in the Midwest Conference? Is there any one player you look forward to playing against on that team?

Carroll. They have been our best competition every year I have been at SNC. I look forward to playing all the guys that were on my summer team, Andy, Craig, Marc, Stas.

2.) With the Carroll game looming after your Elmhurst match, is your team looking past Elmhurst, what is your major focus right now?

There is no way we are overlooking the Elmhurst match, they are far too good of a team to try and think ahead and believe you can stay with them.

3.) With Carroll having lost one of their best forwards in Marc Hietpas, do you feel you have gained an advantage and are looking to exploit that area?

Marc sucks... jk Smile He is a nightmare to play against. His work ethic is second to none. Him and Andy make a great attacking pair and I think without him it makes things more difficult for his team as a whole. I don't think you can really exploit missing a forward.

4.) What major injuries has your team sustained over the course of the 09 season?

Our two biggest injuries came in the defense. Our sweeper Ryan Doucette tore his hamstring in the Lake Forest game and missed several games but now is back and leading the defense. Our second injury happened in the first game of the year, our outside left back, Kevin Jones was slid from behind on a dirty tackle and has been fighting the sprain all year.

5.) During your practices leading up to big games, does your team change how they play or do you try to make your competition change to your style of play?

Our team hasn't varied from practice to practice much but I do feel in the last few weeks our intensity as a whole has improved as well as our play on the field.

6.) What players on your team do you have the most rapport with?

I am very close with most of my team. We have 9 or so seniors. I've been playing with Nick Anderson for 7+ years and known Adam Sanchez for about the same amount of time. Everyone on our team gets along pretty well and we spend a lot of time together off the field as I'm sure is typical of most teams.

7.) Do you have any pregame rituals or superstitions you would like to share with us?

Well, I don't really have much of a ritual, I just make sure I don't sleep too much the night before.

8.) Can you give us a prediction for Saturday's game?

I would love to.

3-1 St. Norbert. It will be the last game ever played on our field (if construction is on time for the new stadium) and I will do whatever it takes to win that game. Carroll is rolling but I think we match up well with them and it should be a good game.

CA Bot
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond Empty Re: Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond

Post by drago Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks Ben, great stuff. Good luck on Saturday SNC.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond Empty Re: Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond

Post by BOMBER Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:53 pm

drago wrote:Good luck on Saturday SNC.

Interview with St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond Borat_not
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 pm

rl
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:53 pm

Damn Ben. I like the confidence, picking to win by two shows some balls.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 am

I feel pretty confident too after the elmhurst game. We defintely outplayed them. We got beat by speed in the defensive third but we played our most complete game offensively.

Andy is a tough mark but our feild should slow him down and play to our favor. I know Craig is going to love it.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Ben your field is SICK, why whould I ever say something bad about it....

ps. whats this new stadium stuff??? fill me in!! Turf? Grass? Football/soccer

And give me some rationale behind your 3-1 prediction lol.
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:00 am

The new complex will be closer to campus and turf. Football/soccer.

3-1. Andy will find one, he always does.

Our 3. I took another "fall" at elmhurst Smile I just can't seem to findy balance this year. I think sanchez is coming around well. I think I'll find a
second due solely to our feild. Someone will slip it always happened
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:53 am

I am not sure you can just get someone to fall down without putting in a little work. I'll overnight you some Xanax. You need to get these into Carlson's food and you might have your desired result.

If you can get the pills into the team water bottle; even better.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 am

Ollie Octagon wrote:I am not sure you can just get someone to fall down without putting in a little work.

Ollie, you clearly haven't seen too many of our games in late October. It really is that easy for someone not wearing soft grounds. I have some rediculously long spikes and it's still a challege to stay on my feet defensively. It is a huge advantage for me as a forward. Someone will go to turn on a cut and slip.

It is that easy.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:43 am

lol, I already have my quote ready...As soon as Ben gets the ball in the final 3rd....loud enough so the ref can hear it..."Dont dive in....He dives in the Box!!!" haha
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by everyonesanexpert Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:46 pm

the last thing this darn conference needs is MORE TURF FIELDS. soccer is and always will be meant to be played on grass.

everyonesanexpert

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:44 pm

I agree Expert,

But what would you rather play on.....a turf field at St.Norberts or a horse pasture that is poorly maintained??

IMO, I love playing on a nice grass field such as UWW but it just makes more sense for schools to get turf for multiple reasons I dont feel like naming
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Grass<turf<grinnell
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:28 pm

The Ripon guy does have a point. Both Ripon's and Grinnell's are really nice fields. The cost of that maintenance has to be astronomical, where as the turf schools have a one time fee with the occasional maintenance on the seams.

Nothing beats a good grass field, just my opinion.

Ben; you're right, I have not seen St. Norbert's field in late October, I'll take your word in regards to its condition.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down