CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Interview Questions for Coaches/Players EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interview Questions for Coaches/Players

3 posters

Go down

Interview Questions for Coaches/Players Empty Interview Questions for Coaches/Players

Post by drago Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I need a good list of questions to ask the Midwest conference coaches and a few of their better players. I was going to ask only; Grinnell, Carroll, St. Norbert and Lawrence...maybe Beloit and Ripon (i know this HC).

The other teams didn't do much last year so it's sort of hard to justify giving them props but maybe i should re-think this.

For Coaches:

1.) With the loss of ____ seniors, how do you fill that void in the 09 season?

2.) Do you intend on chaning any type of team philosophies in an effort to improve your results in 09?

3.) Do you see your underclassman being major players this season?

For Players:

1.) What kind of offseason training did you do to prepare for 09?

2.) Do you play club soccer through the summer? What is the competition like?

3.) How do you see your school finishing in 09?

I would like a few more, perhaps more pertenant questions as well. Maybe even a few players you think I should target.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Interview Questions for Coaches/Players Empty Re: Interview Questions for Coaches/Players

Post by Ollie Octagon Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:26 am

Number two for the coaches assumes that coach had a bad season. There is no real reason you would target that question to St. Norbert or Grinnell, since they both had decent results.

For the better teams I would think of asking what new players will make an impact. Depending on when you ask these questions too, if you do it during training camp or before camp. Despite that, coaches should still have a good feel for where their team is headed.

For the players, I would think you could ask more questions relating to the team, give them a chance to talk about a teammate. Something along those lines.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Interview Questions for Coaches/Players Empty Re: Interview Questions for Coaches/Players

Post by drago Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:59 am

good points, thanks.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hack Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:49 pm

To the new coaches you could ask what they plan on doing coming into the season.

To the old coaches ask them the state of the league. Coaches always know what the other team brings, well they should.

I don't think the philosophy question should matter a successful team or a poor team. A good coach has to evaluate each team every year. What work one year may not the next or the coach learns something he wants to incorporate.

hack
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks for the input. Kim said she would put something together for this, I need to collect some e-mail addresses for her to get this done before the season starts. It's coming up fast too.

Can't wait.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down