CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
St. Norbert Tops Ripon EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

St. Norbert Tops Ripon

+2
celtic11
carter
6 posters

Go down

St. Norbert Tops Ripon Empty St. Norbert Tops Ripon

Post by carter Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:52 am

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/?i=676

Green Knights Rally Past Ripon

DE PERE - St. Norbert College scored the final three goals of the match en route to claiming a 4-2 Midwest Conference win over Ripon College at the Minahan Stadium Complex.

The Green Knights improved to 7-2 overall and 2-1 in the MWC with the win, while Ripon fell to 3-6-1, 2-2.

Ripon drew first blood on Vince Butitta's goal at 29 minute 49 seconds. St. Norbert's Ben Vanden Avond squared the match at 1-1 with a penalty kick at 34:11.

Ripon pulled ahead at 58:22 on Joe Drexler's goal, but St. Norbert didn't waste much time to score the equalizer on Petro Czerniak's first goal of the season at 61:47.

St. Norbert salted the game away when Eric Natwick scored at 71:25 off assists from Adam Sanchez and Nick Anderson. Donny Baloun then knocked home a goal at 79:41 off an assist from Vanden Avond, his second of the game.

St. Norbert outshot Ripon 17-8 and held an 8-3 advantage in corner kicks. Joe Schwartz made one save for St. Norbert, while Ryan Crane made one save for Ripon.

Vanden Avond...goal and two assits. You need to cool off or the POY award will be given out before Craig gets in his third conference game. Come on man, keep it close!
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

St. Norbert Tops Ripon Empty Re: St. Norbert Tops Ripon

Post by celtic11 Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Does anybody have info on how this game went? I see Ripon lead twice and that Norberts came back, so it sounds like it was a pretty good one. Any info on how this game went would be appreciated.

celtic11

Back to top Go down

St. Norbert Tops Ripon Empty Ripon gives St. Norberts a Scare

Post by noworries Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Ripon did a good job of hanging with St. Norbert’s and it appeared that St. Norbert’s was concerned when down 2 to 1 and unable to put Ripon away. Match was quite physical with some questionable calls / non-calls by the Referee.
St. Norbert’s played against Oshkosh the day before, which Oshkosh controlled pace and flow of the game in a 5 – 0 win. St. Norbert’s may have had a lingering hangover from the Oshkosh match, but Ripon played tough for a younger team.
St. Norbert’s was quicker to the ball in the forward 1/3 and middle of the field. I was impressed with the play of St. Norbert’s forwards and Midfield but thought that their defense was their weak link, as Ripon was capable of finding some opportunities. St. Norbert’s Midfield did a great job of slowing Ripon’s counter attacks (St. Norbert’s was first to most balls), which really helped their defense. St. Norbert’s was slower on the defensive 1/3 than I would have expected, since Ripon was able to get past them and from what I saw at the Oshkosh game. To be fair to both teams, St. Norbert’s was given a questionable penalty Kick and Ripon’s first goal came when Ripon split the defense on a through ball, that was close to possible offside’s.?
From what I had seen from Ripon last year, I expected them to have more team speed, their defense was a step behind and right side defense resorted to slide- tackling a lot, in last chance efforts. I thought Ripon had a good speedster defenseman? But this was not the case at this game and St. Norbert’s was able to wear Ripon down at the end. Ripons forwards played well when opportunities came, but they had some walkers in the midfield who were slow to support.
St. Norbert’s was the better team and more experienced, however I think there was a legitimate worry on their part, that Ripon may pull off the upset. Ripon had the lead twice and it was tied late into the second half. In the end, this game came down to St. Norbert’s experience and Ripon getting out-coached.
This match was much closer than the score.

noworries

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Good recap but a little paragraph structure would be helpful. We got our asses handed to us on Wednesday and some things had to change on a very short turn around.

We have had to change defensive formations several times in the past two weeks with the absence of Ryan Doucette. We are figuring out as we go but 9 goals this week is a disapointment to say the least. Ryan should be back this week and hopefully a full week of practice can get us ready for grinell.

Edgewood Sunday was a disappointment. We played well once again and could not find the back of the net. Two marking mistakes in the back lead to goals.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:29 pm

I read the box score of your Edgewood match. What's going on with Sanchez? He didn't start nor has he been up to his old goal scoring ways. What's the deal?
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:43 pm

He had been struggling but he did a great job of coming off the bench in the first half. He started the second half and had a few good chances.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

St. Norbert Tops Ripon Empty Sorry for unstructured Post

Post by noworries Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Had very liitle time to post and was typing in the car.

Good Luck to all, as your head to head conference games take-off.

noworries

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 pm

17 goals maybe 18 last year I dont remember......thats a lot to live up too....He still has 5 goals in 10 games which isnt that bad. I believe he will get up to at least 10 with still having to play IC/Knox/Mon/Lawrence....All games I expect them to win so hopefully he can start finishing
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:30 pm

I only bring it up because he was a non-factor in the Beloit game but I had heard such good things from him other than that. Anyway, i hope he stays cool for when Carroll comes to town. Laughing
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:09 pm

I agree with you Carter
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Craigaldo wrote:I agree with you Carter

I bet he'll have your comment printed out and framed on his wall by the end of the week.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down