CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg

3 posters

Go down

Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg Empty Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg

Post by CA Bot Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:39 am

Mark Rosenberg is a forward/midfielder for the second seeded Grinnell Pioneers. Their first round match up is against the St. Norbert Green Knights at 1:00pm on Friday November 6th.

Kim Deal - Coming into the year, what did you think your team was capable of doing? Are you happy with how it has progressed to this point?

Mark Rosenberg - Coming into this year I knew that this team was capable of competing with the very best DIII soccer had to offer. We've done just that, losing a couple close games to regionally and nationally ranked opponents. I'm happy with how we've progressed, but none of us is satisfied with our season as it stands, and we know we have to play well through the tournament to really do what we wanted to do this year.

KD - - What has been the highest point in your season? The lowest?

MR - The lowest point of the season was the overtime loss to Carroll. We'd played pretty well in the first half, but struggled in the second, and to lose in overtime after having tied it up when we weren't playing nearly our best soccer was a hard blow to take. I refuse to name a high-point, because I'm sure it hasn't come yet.

KD - Your team has one of the best defenses in the league, giving up a little over a goal per game. How important is this going into the conference tournament?

MR - Our defense is incredibly important, we have a few incredible goalies, and our back-line has been our foundation ever since I've been at Grinnell, but one of the reasons we can focus so much on our defense is beacuse of the senior leadership we've gotten up top with Andrew Stephenson and Justin Koester, both of whom have been goal-scoring machines. Our defense has been incredible, and I think when it comes to the tournament, a strong defense is a major key to success.

KD - What is a little known fact about Grinnell's 2009 squad?

MR - I think people don't know that this year's team has tons of depth. We have a lot of seniors, but when we've had injuries or when we bring on our subs, we've done an incredible job of not losing a step.

KD -Who would you say your biggest rival is?

MR - I don't know who our biggest rival is, we obviously look forward to playing St. Norbert and Carroll, but I don't really get wrapped up in rivalries.

KD -When you played St. Norbert this season, you beat them 3-1 on their field. What do you think of them being your first round match up?

MR - I'm excited to play St. Norbert in the first round. We lost to them last year in the regular season on our field and then beat them in the tournament, and with a very talented senior class like they have, we have no doubts about St. Norbert's ability, but we also know that we can play with them and beat them in important games, and I think this year is going to be another hard-fought battle.

KD-You are currently 4th in the league in assists per game and 7th in shots per game. Where do you attribute your success in the attack?

MR - I wouldn't call my season particularly successful in the attack, but I've definitely been serviceable because of Stephenson and Justin Koester. The first few games of the year we were out of sorts, but since we all found our roles and learned a little more how to play together, we've become a formidable attack. It's my first year ever playing out wide, and the second season I've ever been up top and not in the midfield, but the system we play gives me a little freedom to be creative, and our coaching staff has done a great job working with me so I understand the position more.

KD -What teammate do you have the best feel for on the playing field?

MR - I play the best with Stephenson and Justin, those two have been working with me all year, and we've gotten quite a bit of on-field chemistry at this point. It's a lot of fun playing soccer with those guys.

KD -Do you have a prediction for this weekend?

MR - I don't major in predictions. If I didn't think we were going to win the tournament I wouldn't show up to play, but I'll leave the 'Us 6 Them 0' predictions to the rest of the guys on this website.

CA Bot
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg Empty Re: Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg

Post by carter Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:05 pm

Nice. Good luck Rosenberg.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg Empty Re: Interview with Grinnell's Mark Rosenberg

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:02 pm

The match between Grinnell and St. Norbert last year was pretty strange. The weather was so out of control and the wind was so strong that it was almost impossible to get a legitament game. If I remember right, the second half winds were over 25 miles per hour going from south to north.

I hope there is better weather this year so that the games are the source of victory more than the weather.

This is going to be a great match.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:36 pm

Mark Rosenberg - I don't major in predictions. If I didn't think we were going to win the tournament I wouldn't show up to play, but I'll leave the 'Us 6 Them 0' predictions to the rest of the guys on this website.

Good call bro...you backed it up.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down