CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson

3 posters

Go down

Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson Empty Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson

Post by CA Bot Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:21 am

Carroll's own Craig Carlson gives us insight into the upcoming game between St. Norbert, including predictions, superstitions, and more. Thanks for sharing Craig. Interview by Kim Deal.

1.) Who would you say your biggest rival is in the Midwest Conference? Is there any one player you look forward to playing against on that team?

St.Norberts. When I first came into the MWC in 2006 they were the team to beat. Everyone talked about them and I wanted that team to be Carroll. I chose Carroll because I wanted to help take a team from average to a nationally recognized program. I saw the opportunity with the young team and coach in Mobley. St.Norberts had what I wanted to Carroll to have to I always took that game personal. Players I enjoy playing on St.Norberts are Ben Vanden Avond and Adam Sanchez. I like to play against good players because I feel my game elevates when playing against better competition. And bragging rights for club during the summer...

2.) Having no games this week, what are your practices like in terms of preperation? Do you alter your play to match up better with St. Norbert?

In terms of preperation we are trying to get healthy and stay fit. The game against UW-Oshkosh gave us some great fitness so we need to keep that going for the week. I think we dont really alter our play against St.Norberts. We know what they have and we will stick to what we know and play how we usually play.

3.) St. Norbert has had some tough decisions this season. Do you think your team is looking past them at all?

Nope. We know the game vs St.Norberts will be a battle and we also know they will want to beat us bad. Its always a good game between the two of us and im looking forward to it.

4.) Judging by your last match, your Carroll squad looks a lot younger than in years past, does this affect your team positively or negatively?

Overall, I feel the game was great experience for the young talent we have. We are a much younger team this year so getting them experience in a tight game like UW-Oshkosh will help them mature. Any coach would like to have a great senior class like we had last year but you have to work with what you got and this year we have a lot of underclassmen with potential. The have gained a lot of experience this season and this late in the season they have adjusted.

5.) What major differences do you see from this year's team to last year's team?

Last years team was pretty much the same team as in 07 and 06. We lost Joey Shoemaker after 06 and JJ and Fred after 07 but the core starters were back and we had tons of experience. We knew how to play with eachother and we got a taste of the NCAA tourney in 07 which motivated us in 08. This year it was about younger guys stepping up and molding them with the starters we had coming back. We had to replace 5 starters from the 08 squad and it takes a lot of practice to get used to playing with new people.

6.) What players on your team do you have the most rapport with?

I have played since my freshman year with Marc and Andy. Also, Stas transferred in after the 06 season and Justin Ziegler after the 07 season. Also live with Kyle Jacobson who has played in the 06/08 seasons and this year. I also live with all of them so my rapport is close with all these guys.

7.) Do you have any pregame rituals or superstitions you would like to share with us?

One ritual I have is at home games I leave my jersey and shin guards in the locker room. At 10 minutes left in warm-ups I will go back into the locker room and put my shin guards on and jersey. I usually grab a cup of gatorade and sit on the bench and think about the game. Was my little secret until Derek started coming in also haha

8.) Can you give us a prediction for Saturday's game?

Carroll 2 St.Norberts 0. We have been averaging over 3 goals a game and St. Norberts has given up 7 in 8 conference games compared to our 2. We are coming off a huge win against UW-Oshkosh and the momentum will carry over. The game will be a battle though and I am looking forward to it

CA Bot
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson Empty Re: Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson

Post by tictac Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:43 am

I like your rationale for Carroll winning, good luck guys! I enjoyed reading your interview Craig, cool beans.
tictac
tictac
The "Pagan Baby"

http://icanhascheezburger.com

Back to top Go down

Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson Empty Re: Interview with Carroll's Craig Carlson

Post by drago Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Nice... Thanks for doing this craig, as always, great job kim. Thanks for putting in the time and effort.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down