CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Lake Forest EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Lake Forest EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Lake Forest EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Lake Forest EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Lake Forest EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Lake Forest EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Lake Forest EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Lake Forest EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Lake Forest EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lake Forest

+3
Craigaldo
LFCDAD
Ollie Octagon
7 posters

Go down

Lake Forest Empty Lake Forest

Post by Ollie Octagon Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 pm

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Lake Forest College men's soccer player Tom Biesiada (Grayslake, Ill./Grayslake Central) was named Midwest Conference Defensive Performer of the Week on Monday (September 28) for his performance during the previous seven days.

Lake Forest Tbiesiada

Biesiada, a goalkeeper, played the first 75 minutes of Tuesday's (September 22) 5-0 rout of visiting Wisconsin Lutheran College and made three saves in the contest.

The junior needed just one save the next night as the Foresters blanked host Benedictine University 1-0 in double-overtime.

Lake Forest established a new team record with its fifth consecutive shutout on Sunday (September 27), a scoreless tie with visiting Lawrence University. Biesiada had three saves in the contest and extended his personal scoreless streak to 502:31.

Biesiada is now 4-0-1 on the season with a 0.17 goals against average.

Midwest Conference Performers of the Week are selected by the league’s sports information directors. Biesiada also earned the award last week.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Lake Forest College men's soccer team played to a scoreless tie with visiting Lawrence University on Sunday (September 27). The Foresters are now 4-4-1 overall this season and 1-1-1 in Midwest Conference play. The Vikings are 2-4-3 overall and 0-1-2 in the league.

It was Lake Forest's fifth consecutive shutout, breaking the school record this year's squad shared with the 1984 and 1990 teams. Forester opponents have been held scoreless since September 12, a span of 497 minutes and 19 seconds of game time.

Forester junior goalkeeper Tom Biesiada (Grayslake, Ill./Grayslake Central) made three saves in the contest and extended his personal scoreless streak to more than 500 minutes. He is now 4-0-1 with a 0.17 goals against average and .947 save percentage this season.

Lake Forest held a slight 14-12 edge in shots on Sunday, although just one of the home team's attempts was on goal. Lawrence put four shots on target, three saved by Biesiada and another stopped just before crossing the line by sophomore Chris Haught-Thompson (Westchester, Ohio/Lakota East) early in the game.

The Foresters will travel to Waukesha, Wisconsin, Wednesday night (September 30) to face defending conference champion Carroll University at 7:30 p.m.

After Lake Forest dropped their keeper Tony Pontillo, they have given up one goal in Biesiada's 6 games played (5 starts). The Foresters look like a legit team now that they have a legit keeper. Anyone know why the coaching staff thought that Pontillo was their guy? Judging by his stats he's a total bum (3.55 GA, 60.6% saves). Honestly, that is just terrible.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Lake Forest Empty Re: Lake Forest

Post by LFCDAD Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:22 pm

First of all, the player's name is Trevor. Secondly, he was a 2nd team MWC player last fall as a freshman. Definitely not a bum and last I checked, this is a team game. LFC really played poorly the first four games of the season. Some of last year's starters were injured, etc. Some reasons, some excuses. They have played better lately. By the way, he is not my kid....Any good places to eat before or after the game tomorrow?

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 pm

LFC DAD, Just go to Map Quest and find where 18 is if you dont already know where it is. Drive down it through Brookfield and you will find hundreds of places to eat. I would just go with Qdoba though lol. Two min drive from campus....
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by BOMBER Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:00 am

Or La Estacion...it's literally right behind the stadium.
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Lake Forest Empty Fat Old Irishman - What a Butt Head

Post by fisher581 Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:46 am

Remember these are college students not professionals. I read that you made a commment earlier in the year like this. You have little character and have shown that you are the BUM.

fisher581

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCDAD Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for the dining recommendations. Good luck tonight. I am looking forward to a good match.

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCDAD Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 am

Nobody mentioned SONIC. Clearly the better team won last night. I thought LFC made errors on the first and third goals (especially the third) and the second goal was brilliant. Congrats to Carroll on a solid win.

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:21 pm

lol SONIC is relatively new to us Wisconsinites....
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:52 pm

All I did was point out that statistics. Lake forest looked like they turned things around when the coaches made the change to Pontillo. It was hard not to notice such a large disparity in numbers when one keeper is letting in nearly 40% of all shots, which includes shots that are not even on target.

I saw the scores from last night and saw that Carroll had plenty more shots and I have to ask, how as the goal tending?
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCDAD Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Goalkeeping was fine last night for LFC - someone chime in if you disagree. Like I said before, this is a team game. Last night's first goal was point blank from about 10 yards after Lake Forest gave away a ball at midfield. The second goal was beautiful, marking probably could have been better but the finish was great and the keeper had no chance. The last goal was due to lazy marking mostly due to the fact they were still shocked about the second goal. Numbers don't always tell the whole story.

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:13 am

It's not the first time Carroll has scored within a minute of a previous goal. They are pretty good at getting after it after the knock one in.

The keeper had a good day, I thought, the goals that got in were really unsavable...well, maybe Tim Howard on steroids or something. confused
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Lake Forest Empty The Winner - Ollie Our Lives are Much More Than Athletics

Post by Ron Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:51 am

Ollie you need to re-evaluate what you wrote. You attacked a ayoung man whom you probably do not know personally, by throwing out stats and calling Him a BUM.

As Fisher581 stated these are young men playing out their dream to play college soccer (athletics). When we were born and our parents held us so proudly with hearts filled with love, wihing only the best for each of us. More importantly God has already given us each a gift and a path for our lives. We need to remember that there is more to life than athletics and calling young college athletes names is irresponsible and mean.

I am adding a liitle story that is somewhat long, but I think puts this into perspective.

I was watching some little kids play soccer. I don’t have little ones anymore, so I just watched them – and their parents. These kids were about five or six. They were playing a real game – a serious game – two teams, complete with coaches, uniforms, and parents. I didn’t know any of them, so I was able to enjoy the game without the distraction of being anxious about winning or losing –
I wish the parents and coaches
Could have done the same.

The teams were pretty evenly matched. I will just call them Team One and Team Two. Nobody scored in the first period. The kids were hilarious. They were clumsy and terribly inefficient. They fell over their own feet, the stumbled over the ball, they kicked at the ball and missed it – but they didn’t seem to care.
In the second quarter, the Team One coach pulled out what must have been his first team and put in the subs, except for his best player (goalie) who now guarded the goal. The game took a dramatic turn. I guess winning is important – even when your five years old – because Team Two coach left his best players in, and the Team One subs were no match for them. Team Two swarmed around the little guy who was now Team One’s goalie.
He was an outstanding athlete, but he was no match for three of four boys who were also very good. Team Two began to score. The lone goalie gave it everything he had, recklessly throwing his body in front of incoming balls, trying to stop them. Team Two scored two goals in quick succession. It infuriated the young boy. He became a raging maniac – shouting, running, diving. With all the stamina he could muster, he covered the boy now had the ball; but that boy kicked to another boy 20 feet away, and by the time he repositioned himself, it was too late – they scored a third goal.

I soon learned who his parents were. They were nice, decent looking people. I could tell that his dad had just come from the office – he still had his suit and tie on. They yelled encouragement to their son. I became totally absorbed, watching the boy on the field and his parents on the sidelines,

After the third goal, the little boy changed. He could see it was no use; he couldn’t stop them. He didn’t quit, but he became quietly desperate –
Futility was written all over him.

His father changed too. He had been urging his son to try harder – yelling advice and encouragement. But then he changed. He became anxious. He tried to say that it was okay, to hang in there. He grieved for the pain his son was feeling.
After the 4th goal, I knew what was going to happen. I’ve seen it before. The little boy needed help so badly; and there was no help to be had. He retrieved the ball from the net and handed it to the referee – and the he cried. He just stood there while huge tears rolled both his cheeks. He went to his knees and put his fists to his eyes – and he cried the tears of the helpless and brokenhearted.

When the boy went to his knees, I saw the father start onto the field. His wife clutched his arm and said, “Jim don’t. You’ll embarrass him.” But the father tore loose from her and ran onto the field. He wasn’t suppose to – the game was still in progress. Suit, tie, dress shoes, and all – he charged onto the field, and picked up his son so Everybody Would Know that this was His Boy, and he hugged him and held him and cried with him.

I have never been so proud of a man in my life.

He carried him off the field, and when he got close to the sidelines I heard him say, “Scotty, I’m so proud of you. You were great out there. I want everybody to know that you are my son.”
“Daddy the boy sobbed, I couldn’t stop them. I tried, Daddy, I tried and tried and they scored on me.”
“Scotty, it doesn’t matter how many times they scored on you. You’re my son, and I’m proud of you. I want you to go back out there and finish the game. I know you want to quit, but you can’t. And son you’re going to get scored on again, but it doesn’t matter.
It made a difference – I could tell it did. When you’re all alone, and you’re getting scored on – and you can’t stop them – it means a lot to know that it doesn’t matter to those who Love You. The little guy ran back on to the field – and they scored two more times –
But it was Okay.

You may have called this man's son a Bum. But appoligizes go a long way.

Best to Teams and Athletes

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:05 pm

I fail to see how calling a player a "bum" is that terrible of an insult. His statistics were not bad, they were terrible. Not only that but the guy that went in for him had border-line outstanding statistics.

If you would like an apology, you can have it. I apologize for insulting this player and will refrain in the future but I still think this is entirely overblown.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCDAD Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Statistics don't always tell the whole story. Like LFC lost to Carroll 3 - 0 and Carroll lost to Whitewater 4 - 2, so statistically, Whitewater should pound LFC but alas, they do not. Whitewater beats LFC 1 - 0. Statistics would not have predicted that. What's the saying about lies, damn lies, and statistics....

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:08 pm

I don't go on just statistics which is why I was asking for more information. I said he stats looked to tell the story and posted them: 3.55 GA, 60.6% saves.

Those numbers over the course of 5 or 6 games don't add up to good keeper play. Unless they were playing Manchester United followed by other English Premiere teams.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down