CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Game of the week beliot vs lake forest EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Game of the week beliot vs lake forest

4 posters

Go down

Game of the week beliot vs lake forest Empty Game of the week beliot vs lake forest

Post by BenVA Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:59 am

Winner makes the tournament in my book. Take your pick.

I think Beloit 3-1.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Game of the week beliot vs lake forest Empty Re: Game of the week beliot vs lake forest

Post by soccerkid Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:03 pm

This is MWC game of the week (Beloit 2-1). I said two weeks ago the winner should get the 4th spot.

But come on the real game is Carroll #22 vs. UWO #16. I will not pick a winner but will say Carroll will not get slapped 5-0 like St. Norbert.

soccerkid

Back to top Go down

Game of the week beliot vs lake forest Empty Re: Game of the week beliot vs lake forest

Post by carter Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Lake Forest 2 - 0
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCDAD Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

I haven't seen Beloit. This game could come down to fitness levels and/or the stronger bench. Both teams play today, Saturday, and Sunday. I think LFC has the tougher schedule on paper for the week with Elmhurst College today, Grinnell on Saturday morning (10:00 am at home on grass - probably wet grass), and the Sunday game at Beloit.

Beloit's game today at Carroll is certainly tougher than any of LFC's but they get Knox on Saturday. Again, on paper, that would seem easier than playing against Grinnell.

Two more important games of note for next week - LFC @ Illinois College next Saturday and Beloit @ Ilinois College next Sunday. I think those two plus LFC @ Beloit are the three remaining conference games that will decide the 4th place team - assuming the other games on the schedule play out as expected.

For those who made predictions - care to elaborate?

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:05 pm

I liked how Lake forest played the one time i saw them. They move up and down the field pretty well and seem to be a better overall team.

When i saw beloit they were all offense all the time. If LF gets any kind of a lead, it could be over very soon for Beloit. In my mind, this one comes down to who scores first.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 am

Beloit wins 4-0. Monmouth and ic left for Beloit. I see them getting the 4 seed
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb with this one. I think it has been so long for IC that they will eak out a win against Beloit. From what i can tell that will be enough for the blue boys to slide in.

What the hell happened to lake forest anyway???
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Honestly they are not a good team in my opinion. We lost to them but beliot and ic even Monmouth were better teams.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCDAD Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 am

There are a couple problems with Lake Forest. The first one is that they don't score goals. When their goalkeeping was hot and the defense was solid, they had a little bit of a run. The second one is that sometimes they lose focus and make schoolboy mistakes which lead to easy/soft goals.

They played really well against Grinnell on Saturday. They honestly were the better team in the middle third of the field (a very sloppy field I might add) but in the attacking third, they consistently make the wrong decisions and are either unable to force their opponents to make fatal mistakes on defense or cash in when they do. They have only scored 12 or 13 goals in 16 games and 5 of those were against Wisc Lutheran and one was an own goal game at Benedictine.

As well as they played against Grinnell is as poorly as they played against Beloit. It was difficult to watch as the game and most likely their postseason hopes slipped away. That being said, Beloit beat us like a drum in the midfield but really only one of their four goals was a good one. I know a goal is a goal but like I said before, LFC gives up too many easy ones.

I could go on but I will save that for the parents in the stands at the next game. I hear Halloween is wild at IC....

LFCDAD

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 pm

That's rough. I know when i saw LF play they looked like a team that would be tough to beat throughout the year. Usually defenses can keep it together and the offenses tend to go cold.

Good luck this weekend.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down