CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex

5 posters

Go down

Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex Empty Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex

Post by The Future Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Brett Favre is Like Your Ex

Aight, let me get this topic out of the way much the same way Adele Ogunleye pushed around Alan Barbre all night. Brett Favre will be the flint that starts many fires this winter, but with a simple understanding we can all coexist. I’ll preface this by saying I am a Favre guy. He’s all I know at the quarterback position and I love the SOB. I am amazingly also a Packer fan. Whoa! There’s a revelation. Didn’t think you could be both did ya? Well here I am, maybe the lone, the proud but I just want to clear some things up about the man, the myth, the legend, and the ass who is #4.

To all you Packer fans who say you are over Favre, believe me your not. Look at the facts. Brett Favre’s Viking jersey is not only the #1 seller in the country, but also right here in the “Aaron Rogers is our quarterback!” state. Also, his first regular season game had the highest local ratings for a non-Packer game in over 2 years. But I’m sure we have forgotten all about the edifice that is Brett Favre.

This is most analogous to Favre being like an old girlfriend. We swear we hate her, are over her, never want to see her again, but when we are drunk and see her in the bar, we just want to have sex with her. We hate her when we don’t have to see her, but when we do, we can’t take our lustful eyes off her. We all say we watch him for different reasons: to see him fail, to cheer for our hero, to see him get hurt, or to see a fading legend for the last time, but the point of it is we watch him. He is like the ugly couple who is always groping eachother in the hallway in High School. You don’t know if you should throw up or are actually are a little turned on…..so you keep watching. Unable to gaze away, afraid to miss what may or may not happen next.

For me it’s simple. He has definitely made mistakes, but he’s my quarterback (cue up tears ala TO). He doesn’t want to go through training camp. So What. Most guys don’t want to either he just has found a loophole to get out of it. I can’t judge. I’ve faked being hurt to get out of practice and only play in games. I think most people are mad because they can’t get Favre out of their head. He haunts them which infuriates people more. They’re mad because he is the girlfriend who cheated on all of us, but that we still love.

I forgive you Brett, and I will add to your jersey sales and wear Wranglers proudly as I watch you ride off, breaking Packers fans hearts as you ride toward another Super Bowl and Canton. THAT’S HOW I FEEL!

The Future

Back to top Go down

Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex Empty Re: Why Brett Favre is Like Your Ex

Post by carter Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:55 pm

I hate to say it, but your feelings are wrong. Laughing

my friend booba (who will most certainly reply to this, as he hates Favre more than men love sex), says that movies are made, not by the hero, but by the villian. I agree wholeheartedly.

Favre is a son of a bitch and a bastard. I can't stand how he ruined the jets (and partially made the jets but i am still of the mind that Clemens could have gotten them to 9 measly wins with that offensive line), i can't stand how he threw 6 picks against the Rams in the playoffs, or the pick in overtime to the eagles/giants to get knocked out of the playoffs. The fact that every time i hear of some great favre comeback and review the tape and see that it was actually a terrific o-line, good receivers, and sometimes great running backs also having a hand in the venture.

Why all the favre ball-washing? He was good but i don't think he was great. A great QB could have won the 98 SB with that squad, a great QB could have beaten any number of the teams favre failed to beat in the playoffs throughout this decade.

I'm watching the vikings closely this year to laugh as he gets thrown through the turf by some no-name lion defender and if i buy a jersey, it's to burn it, not wear it.

I hate you brett favre but because you are a villain matched only by the great Darth Vader, I will watch you.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by The Future Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:32 pm

It's amusing to me how every win he gets you credit to somebody else and how every loss he gets you credit directly to him. And I guess for the Jets having a Pro-bowl quality quarterback wasn't good enough for you. It wasn't coincidence that Favre made receivers he played with better than they were. Antonio Freeman, Bill Schroeder, Bubba Franks, Robert Brooks, and countless others Favre made into better than average receivers. I don't think he is the greatest of all time by any stretch of the imagination, but to say he wasn't great is a ridiculous understatement based solely on an emotional response to how you feel about the man personally. He holds every major quaterbacking record you can hold including the most impressive one of not missing a start in 20 years.

Now to your other point, you still are going to watch him. I don't care for what reason. He has the most entertainment value in a league based on entertaining the public. Although you hate him, in actuality you love him by having the urge to watch him every week. That's the point to my whole stance, we all still watch him, love him or hate him. We could argue his greatness until we are blue in the face but the fact of it is it's a team sport and nobody wins super bowls alone. Elway couldn't win until he had a dominant runner in Terrell Davis and O-line, should we discredit his SB too?

IN a game based on entertainment, Favre is still the most entertaining. Deal with it.

The Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Couldn't agree more with him being one of the most entertaining players in the league. But to discredit his receivers is sort of a strange science in itself. Brooks never played with anyone else (to my knowledge) but was more than just an "ok" receiver. I really do think he was damn near elite with any QB under center. Freeman and Schroeder, i'll give you them...they were pretty weak. What about the rest? Jennings, Sharpe, the aforementioned Brooks, Chumra...I know he only had a couple for a short period of time but lets not discredit them to the point that Favre literally MADE their careers, they were solid players.

The whole starting for 20 years is really unapproachable from even a hating aspect but the rest of his records are largely to do with that freakishly unexplainable streak. TD's, completions, attempts and INT's largely explain one another.

Like you said, he is HIGHLY entertaining, I just choose to hate the bastard with all of my being. Laughing
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by The Future Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:09 pm

I guess agree to disagree on your final sentence. Smile

The Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Honestly. I liked your write up. Better than the horse **** I read on ESPN from guys that are paid to be funny.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Hate him. Love to hate him. If that's entertainment, so be it
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarie10 Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:14 pm

finally the merger has begun...the future vs. carter interesting...welcome ladwig, welcome my friend...haha

dmarie10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down