CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2

4 posters

Go down

Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 Empty Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2

Post by carter Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 pm

I do not have the info yet. I'll post the stats once I get them. Anyone see the game?
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 Empty Re: Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2

Post by hack Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Just got back. Lawrence was up 1 -0 at the half. Ripon looked totally lost the entire first half. Tale of two halves though. As bad as Ripon looked in the first, they looked scary in the second. They scored three before lawrence could score again , which they did with like 5 minutes left in the game. Lawrence was on it heals the entire second half till about 12 minutes left then they switched to three up top and managed to score before Ripon could adjust. Ripon just high pressured up top and cause all sorts of confusion in th Lawrence back. Nico usually plays better. We should be able to get after lake Forest though.

hack
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Nice to see Ripon is playing high pressure. It's the only way to get by in this conference. There have been years at Carroll (i use them as an example because it was my senior year...sigh) where we thought teams would pretty much give us wins because we had skill.

Never works. The MWC is won with hustle first...skill second. Nice job Ripon.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Big Second Half Lifts Ripon To Victory

September 23, 2009

http://www.ripon.edu/athletics/msoccer/2009/News/at_Lawrence.html

APPLETON, Wis. - In just their third conference game of the season, the Ripon men's soccer team has already won more MWC games than all of last season. The Red Hawks defeated Lawrence Wednesday, 3-2, thanks to a trio of second half goals.

Lawrence (2-4-2, 0-1-1 MWC) kicked off the scoring with the lone goal in the first half, coming off the foot of Paul Senner in the 39th minute. That was Senner's fourth goal of the season, which was assisted by both Hashim Allah-Morad and Stephen Exarhos.

In the second half, Ripon (2-4-1, 2-1-0 MWC) tied the score at one when Kyle Wolff netted his first score of the season on an assist from Zach Hershoff in the 53rd minute. Hershoff recorded his second assist of the game 13 minutes later when Vince Butitta scored the first goal of his Red Hawk career to give Ripon its first lead of the day. Butitta added the second goal of his Red Hawk career in the 75th minute as insurance, which would be much needed in this game. Lawrence's Colin Vize cut the lead to 3-2 in the 84th minute when he found the net on a pass from a corner kick. Ripon bared down however, holding the Vikings scoreless in the final six and a half minutes to secure the victory.

Ripon freshman Adam Haefner played all 90 minutes between the pipes, saving five shots. Lawrence's Andrew Finley also saved five shots, while playing the entire game as well. Both teams shot the ball 14 times.

The Red Hawks will try to continue this momentum Saturday, as they'll travel to UW-Platteville for a non-conference match-up. That game will begin at 1 p.m. in Platteville, Wis.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Ah, the perennially underachieving Lawrence boys fall to Ripon. Looks like they are on track for another disappointing campaign.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Ripon Beats Lawerence 3-2 Empty Ripon doing Better Still some work to be done

Post by fisher581 Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:23 pm

My nephew plays for Ripon and I have seen a few games so far this season. Ripon was a different team starting the second half and they were able to keep pressure up front. Ripon may have made some personnel changes to start the second half and made some position adjustments, which had Ripon jelling well.

However, we were fortunate that Lawrence was unable to score from the wings. our center defense was a little weak and the outside wings were left uncovered when the outside defenders had to pull to the center to help cover. Center forward Mid needs to support forwards better. If we can shore-up these things good things could happen. Time will tell.

Go Redhawks

fisher581

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Every team in this conference has to fear youth and fearlessness. It's rare that the MWC goes even 2 years without some freakishly hungry team to make a run at the conference tournament or even win the tournament with nothing but desire in their back pocket.

I haven't gotten to see Ripon play yet but from what it sounds like they play with a good amount of intensity. I hope this is the year they turn their program around...just not against Carroll. Wink

And welcome to the site, we're glad to have you.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down