CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead

+3
ttzak
drago
CA Bot
7 posters

Go down

Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead Empty Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead

Post by CA Bot Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Carroll opened the new seasons with a new look with five new starters; Sophomore Jordan Wickman (OMF), Sophomore Steve Koprowski (CMF), Sophomore Adam Bruk (CMF), Junior Dan Pender (D) and Freshman Andy Ksobiech (OMF). The growing pains were evident as Concorida would dominate possession for long periods of time.

During one two minute stretch Carroll snapped out of their funk putting together two attacks that both resulted in Andy Prentice goals. The first goal was off a poor clear by a Concorida defender that was quickly gathered by the Carroll offense allowing Prentice to fire off of 20 yard shot beating the keeper back post.

Off the ensuing kickoff Carroll stole the ball, immediately played Marc Hietpus to the right corner flag where he sent a cross that appeared to be caught by the keeper when Prentice practically knocked it out of his hands for a near post goal.

After these goals Carroll assumed control of the game tallying another score early in the second half by freshman Andy Ksobiech. Ksobiech collected the ball at the top of the 18 yard area, looked for a teammate crashing to his left but with no one available he cut back to his right, losing the defender, and fired a left footed shot for his first collegiate goal.

Concordia answer back when they drew a penalty kick off a miss-played header by Justin Ziegler which landed on his right arm. Victor Mendoza drove the penalty kick down the center of the goal, where Stanislaw Miaskowski got a hand on it but could not keep it from crossing the goal line.

With only 4:20 remaining in the match, Carl Haynes fired a left footed shot past Miaskowksi to the far post putting the score at 3-2.

Carroll slid into panic mode trying to do anything to keep the ball from their defensive third. With less than a minute left, Prentice lost the ball in Carroll’s attacking third where he tried to win it back with a slide tackle. Unfortunately for the Pioneers, Prentice was called for a foul and an automatic ejection. Fifteen seconds later, the Falcons generated yet another attack where Jason Rogers slid the final shot past Miaskowski for the tying score.

With as much offense as both teams generated in the season opener, the overtime period was largely uneventful with neither team generating a serious threat.

Final Score: 3-3

CA Bot
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead Empty Re: Carroll Drops 3 Goal Lead

Post by drago Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Some footage...

drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ttzak Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:41 pm

Nice write up but the video doesn't work...says it's a private video

ttzak
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:47 pm

thanks. should be good now.

ok, so i missed some scenes because i ran out of tape early in the second half. Don't hold it against me too much, after all, i'm a first timer. Anyway, this was non-conference, the conference tapes will be much better.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:20 pm

Carroll looked like two different teams out there. That does happen early in the year but they look no where near the dominant team they were last year.

For the sake of the Pio's, I hope they can turn it around or it may only be a two horse race this year.

By the way, nice goals by Prentice. It's hard to count a team out with two quality forwards, especially in the MWC.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:26 pm

nowhere near panic mode. Since I have been at carroll we have gone 0-4, 1-3, and 2-2 in the first four games. Seems like we always have kinks to workout.
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:52 am

I think panic mode was more to imply the second half. More specificially, after UC scored their second goal.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by hackbarth Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:44 am

I like the addition of the video to the site. Nice to be able to check the team out without having to get out to see a game.

Carroll looks good on thier attacks when they move the ball upfield as a team, looks like they panic a bit attacking on a transition though. Then again I'm just going off of the short bit I saw from the video.

Nice to see several attacks coming from the outside midfielders. If they stick with a strategy of getting the ball outside, and crossing it in; with the forwards they have, no reason Carroll couldn't be a dominant team this season.
hackbarth
hackbarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:08 pm

I agree Hackbarth. It has been a Carroll staple for years to attack that wing like there's no tomorrow. After graduating the two senior outside midfielders, I want to see how the new Pioneers fair at creating an offense off of their 1 vs. 1 outside plays.

Lado made a career of skinning the bad teams but falling off the map against a team with a pulse.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down