CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Is Vick Back? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Is Vick Back? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Is Vick Back? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Is Vick Back? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Is Vick Back? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Is Vick Back? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Is Vick Back? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Is Vick Back? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Is Vick Back? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is Vick Back?

5 posters

Go down

Is Vick Back? Empty Is Vick Back?

Post by carter Sun May 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Posted 1 day ago
Eyeing return to NFL, Vick will begin workouts after prison release
Steve Wyche By Steve Wyche | NFL.com
Senior Writer

Suspended quarterback Michael Vick will begin working with a trainer and start football-related workouts shortly after being released from prison next week, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Vick will finish the final two months of his 23-month federal sentence on dogfighting charges under home confinement in Hampton, Va. He has been imprisoned in Leavenworth, Kan., since fall of 2007 after pleading guilty to funding an interstate dogfighting operation that was based at a home he owned in Surry County, Va.

Vick, who is still a member of the Atlanta Falcons, hopes to return to the NFL as soon as possible. Getting back in shape and trying to regain some of the skills that could have subsided while he was out of the game is part of the process. Vick will be put through conditioning and passing workouts and is said to have plenty of people who have committed to running passing routes for him, the source said.

Vick will not immediately jump into the workouts upon his return, according to the source. The three-time Pro Bowl quarterback will keep a low profile and reconnect with his family in Hampton, which is located near his hometown of Newport News. He will follow all legal guidelines, which are still being finalized, in order to fulfill his obligation for a July release.

Vick has been offered a construction job as part of a possible work-release program. He was supposed to help build homes for Habitat for Humanity, but that deal fell apart weeks ago.

Vick, at some point, is expected to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, although the details of that meeting have yet to be determined. Vick remains indefinitely suspended and must prove to Goodell that he's worthy of reinstatement.

"Once Michael has concluded his legal proceedings, I will sit with Michael, his representatives and other professionals to understand all the circumstances," Goodell wrote in an NFL.com chat last month. "This will include: Has he learned from his horrific mistakes? Is he prepared to conduct himself in a positive fashion? And as such, continue a professional football career? Before I make my decision, it will be up to Michael to demonstrate the genuineness of his remorse and how he plans to be a positive influence."

Whether reinstatement happens in time for the 2009 season is unknown. An NFL spokesman said Friday that no meetings between Goodell and Vick have been scheduled, adding that Vick will have to apply for reinstatement but has yet to do so.

Meanwhile, the Falcons have said they are trying to trade Vick's rights, but that, as of now, there has been no interest.

Vick recently met with former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy to discuss Vick's past and future. The highly respected Dungy retired from coaching after the 2008 season, in part to help with his charitable and civic-based foundations and work with at-risk youths.

espn.com

---i wouldn't be against the Jets taking him...not that they need the bum but if you were going to sign him to cheap money and didn't have him play QB, he could be an asset in the running game as an RB with the option to throw. Problem is, i think he's a hair smarter than the pepsi can i'm currently looking at.

IDK, i don't want my favorite team to take him because i think he sucks but if they did, i wouldn't flip out and go tree-hugger on their ass.

Would anyone be peaved if he were on their team?
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Is Vick Back? Empty Re: Is Vick Back?

Post by tictac Sun May 17, 2009 7:25 pm

I would, I don't want a dog killer like him making any money. I would like to see someone pit him against a hungry lion, and sell tickets.
tictac
tictac
The "Pagan Baby"

http://icanhascheezburger.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sun May 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Problem is Ticky....there are far worse people in the NFL than a guy that abuses dogs. After all, Ray Lewis pretty much killed someone and never saw a day of jail...then there is OJ...Laughing

Is Vick Back? Lewis_r

Innocent i tell ya!!!
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by tictac Sun May 17, 2009 7:28 pm

To be honest, forget people. I care about the dogs.
tictac
tictac
The "Pagan Baby"

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sun May 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Catherine the Great said that about horses i think. I think she said it right before she jumped on and had some 'alone time'.

Still not sure if i believe she dug the horses though....
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by tictac Sun May 17, 2009 7:33 pm

carter wrote:Catherine the Great said that about horses i think. I think she said it right before she jumped on and had some 'alone time'.

Still not sure if i believe she dug the horses though....

She probably did. thats why stepstools were invented.
tictac
tictac
The "Pagan Baby"

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Sun May 17, 2009 7:34 pm

i thought ray lewis did kill the guy
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun May 17, 2009 7:37 pm

carter wrote:Problem is Ticky....there are far worse people in the NFL than a guy that abuses dogs. After all, Ray Lewis pretty much killed someone and never saw a day of jail...then there is OJ...Laughing

Is Vick Back? Lewis_r

Innocent i tell ya!!!

That doesn't mean Vick should be in the league, it means the others should be out of the league and in jail--or on work release doing manual labor.

Same goes for a load of financial world suits. It is ridiculous that Madoff is the only one going to jail in this whole train wreck.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun May 17, 2009 7:39 pm

And I'll make the same point that I did earlier...cruelty to animals is awful, but even if you don't care about the dogs, you should care about the fact that animal cruelty is a strong indicator of willingness to harm humans.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Sun May 17, 2009 7:40 pm

if only there was some sort of feeder system in which kids could learn that fed the nfl

i really think it would benefit from having people with an education playing!

vick did his time, if he is contrite and doesn't start a new dog fighting arena, i think he should be allowed to be reinstated

i won't be surprised either way, i could see the nfl having a problem with having such a visual player in the nfl
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Sun May 17, 2009 7:41 pm

ethan wrote:And I'll make the same point that I did earlier...cruelty to animals is awful, but even if you don't care about the dogs, you should care about the fact that animal cruelty is a strong indicator of willingness to harm humans.

I think it all depends on your perspective. I think animal castration is cruel.

Yet I had my cat neutured because I don't like him. Does that make me like vik?
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun May 17, 2009 7:49 pm

That's an absurd slippery slope argument and you know it.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sun May 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Ethan, you are right that others should be in jail...starting with Matt Jones. The dude was caught red handed yet goes 6 months unpunshed by the NFL for god knows what reason. Yet before even an arainment of Pacman Jones, he is suspended.

I know they are two different situations with pacman being on a short leash but if you are going to drop the hammer on one...drop it on the other (white) player as well.

Schultz, neuturing your mutant cat is good for all of us. And that does make you a bad person.

(wrong poster Laughing)
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sun May 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Yeah it is a slippery slope statement and i don't want to come across as defending these sleeze bags, i personally think it could be one strike and you're out of the league. Football is not a game of irreplaceable players, it's not like soccer, basketball and baseball...it is more of a team game where guys can come in and play at high levels.

If these bums don't follow the rules of the US government, let them shovel **** for the rest of their lives. Let them know that they should have finished their fully paid for degrees from the USC's of the world.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Sun May 17, 2009 8:30 pm

carter wrote:Yeah it is a slippery slope statement and i don't want to come across as defending these sleeze bags, i personally think it could be one strike and you're out of the league. Football is not a game of irreplaceable players, it's not like soccer, basketball and baseball...it is more of a team game where guys can come in and play at high levels.

If these bums don't follow the rules of the US government, let them shovel **** for the rest of their lives. Let them know that they should have finished their fully paid for degrees from the USC's of the world.

Like I said, it all depends on your perspective on things.

I'd think the only irreplaceable player might be the QB. And it only takes a few extra years to find one of those. It doesn't appear that the NFL holds players very accountable for their actions. It might have something to do with how much bargaining power the players have, on the other hand, it may have something to do with the fact that mo money, mo problems.
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Sun May 17, 2009 8:31 pm

ethan wrote:That's an absurd slippery slope argument and you know it.

I'd say the whole animal cruelty is as well. Do you enjoy chicken, pork, or beef? Where do our benefits outweigh those of the animal rights? na na jessie, now you gotta stop eating meat again.

owned
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun May 17, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm a vegetarian, but eating meat is still worlds away from pitting dogs against each other in a fight to the death. By your previous posts, I can tell that you're smart enough to know that you're taking the moral relativity argument a bit too far.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sun May 17, 2009 9:07 pm

cpschult wrote:
carter wrote:Yeah it is a slippery slope statement and i don't want to come across as defending these sleeze bags, i personally think it could be one strike and you're out of the league. Football is not a game of irreplaceable players, it's not like soccer, basketball and baseball...it is more of a team game where guys can come in and play at high levels.

I'd think the only irreplaceable player might be the QB. And it only takes a few extra years to find one of those. It doesn't appear that the NFL holds players very accountable for their actions. It might have something to do with how much bargaining power the players have, on the other hand, it may have something to do with the fact that mo money, mo problems.

There are a couple of positions you would be hard pressed to replace but I think if the league wants to stay in good standing they would take the hard line stance.

BTW, i don't think you "owned" ethan on that post...JMO.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Sun May 17, 2009 10:19 pm

I wouldn't want him on the Packers for two reasons. 1.) They have a good QB and 2.) Vick is a bad QB
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon May 18, 2009 9:56 am

carter wrote:
cpschult wrote:

There are a couple of positions you would be hard pressed to replace but I think if the league wants to stay in good standing they would take the hard line stance.

BTW, i don't think you "owned" ethan on that post...JMO.

I was talking about jessie douschie.
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon May 18, 2009 9:58 am

ethan wrote:I'm a vegetarian, but eating meat is still worlds away from pitting dogs against each other in a fight to the death. By your previous posts, I can tell that you're smart enough to know that you're taking the moral relativity argument a bit too far.

how do you feel about dog tracks..

i eat meat, ive been to slaughterhouses.. i didnt eat meat for 2 weeks after visiting one

where does dogfighting rank on the scale of animal cruelty vs neutering pets or even large scale feed lot farming?

i'm not saying i think dogfighting is okay, but it's all relative..
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by tictac Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 am

I know there is an absurd amount of cruelty related to the meat industry. I am thinking about going vegetarian again soon. But whether or not someone eats meat is unrelated to their opinion on dog fighting. By the way, my name is Jessi, not Jessie.
tictac
tictac
The "Pagan Baby"

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon May 18, 2009 2:26 pm

My name is Ollie, not Oliver.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon May 18, 2009 3:42 pm

tictac wrote:I know there is an absurd amount of cruelty related to the meat industry. I am thinking about going vegetarian again soon. But whether or not someone eats meat is unrelated to their opinion on dog fighting. By the way, my name is Jessi, not Jessie.

how can they not be related... is it because dogs are cuter or don't taste as good?
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Mon May 18, 2009 6:13 pm

We seem to be losing sight of the reason this topic came up. Vick's willingness to fight dogs is a huge red flag not simply because it is cruel, but because dog fighting is socially unacceptable. While I might personally think it is unconscionable, industrial slaughtering is widely accepted. The warning sign is not merely that he is cruel to animals by our cultural definition, but that he does not believe the norms of society apply to him.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon May 18, 2009 8:18 pm

I don't know if that is what got him in the most trouble or the large underground dog fighting network he created. I think that would be most troublesome for me. Someone with his money willing to create that is a huge issue.

I haven't actually looked at what he got charged with, what was the worst charge?
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon May 18, 2009 8:22 pm

one count of interstate travel to aid illegal gambling and dogfighting;
beating, killing or causing dogs to fight each other and promoting dogfighting

if he got the maximum sentence for all three charges it would be 15 years, 5 years per
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon May 18, 2009 8:27 pm

After reading a bit about what people think about Vick, I think I have to agree with Drago. The NFL needs to take a hard stance against players who break the law. This isn't the MLB you know...
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon May 18, 2009 8:27 pm

I found this on another website!

No, and no. No to the NFL, and no to owning another dog. I don't want to take another chance on an animal. As for gambling? No one made him, he made his own choice. Now he's got to face the consequences of his choice. No, and no. Pete Rose has to pay ... Vick has to pay. He made a choice, he made a decision, now he has to pay the consequences. For what it's worth, there are many things that "felons" can't do, even after they've paid their debt to society.
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon May 18, 2009 8:32 pm

I like your highlighted line. That is exactly right, it is almost like the NFL is willing to do anything to make a buck (as thought they really need the money from a flippin Vick jersey at this point...). Let the guy be a warning sign for once. Enough of this Pacman gets infinite chances crap.

In the back of my mind, i think he'll play and i think (hope) he'll suck.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Mon May 18, 2009 9:40 pm

cpschult wrote:one count of interstate travel to aid illegal gambling and dogfighting;
beating, killing or causing dogs to fight each other and promoting dogfighting

if he got the maximum sentence for all three charges it would be 15 years, 5 years per

If I remember right, most of the sentence and fines were due to the gambling and something about interstate commerce...yes?

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed May 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Bills Potential Suitors??

Keep An Eye On Buffalo As A Mike Vick Destination
Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2009, 11:34 p.m.

John Clayton of ESPN.com recently listed four potential landing spots for Falcons quarterback Mike Vick, if he’s reinstated for the 2009 season.

Clayton’s unconfirmed quartet consists of the Rams, 49ers, Patriots, and Seahawks. (John apparently forgets that Jim Mora’s dad, Jim Mora, once called Vick a “coach killer.” So we’d scratch the Seahawks from the list.)

But here’s the real team to watch, in our view.

The Buffalo Bills.

The Bills want to win. Now. Whether it’s because owner Ralph Wilson is feeling a Leon Hess-style sense of urgency or whether coach Dick Jauron feels a Rich Kotite-style sense of urgency or a combination of both, the Bills are going all in.

They offered receiver Terrell Owens $6.5 million guaranteed at a time when no one else was willing to pay him $6.50.

And a league source tells us that the Bills made a very aggressive play for defensive end Jason Taylor immediately after Taylor was cut in March by the Redskins. In fact, the Bills were the very first team to pursue Taylor.

As to the potential backlash from signing Vick, consider the fans’ reaction to the arrival of T.O.

He’s already gotten the key to the freaking city.

So if any team can sell this transaction to their fans, it’s the Bills.

The other possibility, in our view, is Cincinnati. But not because the Bengals believe they could surive the local P.R. onslaught. The Bengals would potentially be interested in Vick because they don’t care about the P.R. onslaught.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Wed May 20, 2009 9:13 pm

If they can get vick in shape i think it would be a nasty combo, maybe not as a qb, but as a running back/slot/wr, with TO and lee evans..would be a lot of firepower there!

Can you imagine getting TO involved in screens? I think he's one of the biggest and baddest wr's in the league for pure size, I don't know if he would buy into that, but dam..
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Thu May 21, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm still waiting for him to tank. He's turning 35 i think...at some point he will hit a wall...I'm thinking this is the year.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Thu May 21, 2009 5:25 pm

I don't think so, he is pretty fanatical about being in shape for the season.
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Fri May 22, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm really starting the think Vick will never be an NFL QB again. When he first got busted I thought he was done, then after hearing the brainwashing that is ESPN, i changed my tune.

Now i'm back to what i thought originally. A QB that has under 55% completion and relied almost 100% on scrambling will not find the fountain of youth in such a competitive league.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down