CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox

2 posters

Go down

Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox Empty Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox

Post by CA Bot Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:08 pm

Kim Deal: This is your first year as head coach for the Knox Prairie Fire, after having coached the Quad Cities United Premier Soccer Club for the last four years. On top of that, you were the coach of the Pleasant Valley High School JV coach. What are the things you are enjoying most about your new roll and what kind of culture are you brining to your new team?

Jeff Bernhardt: Thus far I am very much enjoying my first year as head coach, I have brought a new attitude and a new focus to the team that they haven't seen in a long time. Even though we have had a rough start, I am still seeing much improvement from game to game.

KD: You have had a tough schedule to start your season. How do you think this will help your team get ready for conference play?

JB: He have had a rough start at the begining of the season, however I knew coming in it would take time for the team to get used to me and vice versa. The last few games we have been really starting to gell and we have started playing the way I know they can play. Once conference starts I think we will surprise a lot of people, we have some key players coming back from injuries and once we get them back in full swing plus our deep bench I think we will be right in the mix.

KD: Lawrence Povoas led last year’s squad in goals (7), shots (47) and shots on goal (28), while shooting a respectable 15%. Have you seen Povoas take strides to increase those numbers and in particular, get his shooting percentage higher? Is he your unquestioned team leader?

JB: Lawrence is a great leader on the field, hes not the most vocal, but leads by example. For Knox to be successeful its going to take the full roster to compete day in and day out. One player cannot carry any team for the whole year.

KD: Knox allowed 2.78 goals per game in 2008. Is this a major area of concern?

JB: Giving up one goal is a major concern for me, our mental toughness and focus just needs to be better.

KD: What kind of formation are you looking to run in 2009? Do you have a preferred style of attack?

JB: We started the season playing 3-5-2, but with some players coming off injuries we are going to change the formation a little bit to accommodate the strengths of those on the field.

CA Bot
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox Empty Re: Interview: Head Coach Jeff Bernhardt-Knox

Post by drago Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Thanks Kim.

FYI, she said she was working on more short interviews in particular with the Lake Forest coach. It's just tough getting responses. If there are any players anyone knows that want to answer a few questions (before big games or things along those lines) send me a PM with their info and I"ll forward it on. Or just send it to Kim...kimdeal07@gmail.com

Peace.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down