CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

***Conference Championship Match***

+10
tosasoccer26
MRosenberg
spease21
drago
Manenoughtowearbabyblue
BOMBER
Ollie Octagon
BenVA
Craigaldo
carter
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 Empty Re: ***Conference Championship Match***

Post by tosasoccer26 Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:24 am

grinnell guys:

congrats on "winning" the tourney, but seriously carroll was the best team in the MWC and in my opinion, the state. they were by far the best team we played all year. if they would have been 100% during the tourney they would have won it all with out a doubt and would have their one way ticket to the ncaa tourney.

so i say this...grinnell, enjoy the plaque while you have it because it won't be coming back next year.

tosasoccer26

Back to top Go down

***Conference Championship Match*** - Page 3 Empty Re: ***Conference Championship Match***

Post by everyonesanexpert Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:29 am

ok lets be honest. if carroll was one hundred percent from injury they would have won the tournement and anybody who argues that is on acid robitussin and aerosol. so congrats on your "win" grinnell. so schemper just chill out and enjoy your "conference title" and craigs right about the weak teams thing. but that hurts a little bit. deep. lol. jk.

but really.

... 8*(

everyonesanexpert

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 am

Correction, 2 teams...Wartburg beat Loras on a pretty sweet shot outside the 18 in double OT. saw it on webcast, sick goal
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:32 am

Drago, is your ass on here deleting my damn posts lol...
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:34 am

And to other posters from other teams here...over the past few years I was hoping conference teams would get stronger and stronger but it just didnt happen. Hopefully with the long talent that Ripon/LF/Carroll/St.Norberts has the conference will get bigger wins during the season.
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:43 am

*young
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:44 am

This is exactly why people here are upset. For the step forward Carroll took last year to present a high quality of soccer to people outside the mwc, this year we have taken 2 steps back. Until we get 50% of the conf. Above .500 and playing a decent brand of soccer we will continue to be a 1 bid only conference.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by thechieftan Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:46 am

Why is everyone putting win in quotes? Last I checked winning through pks is just as good as winning in regulation. In fact Middlebury won a lot of their tourny games through pks during their run to the championship, but does that just make them "champions"?

Also, no one disputes that Carroll had the most skilled side in the MWC (except for maybe Norbert), but that in no way makes them the best team. Further, this is soccer and unfortunately things like injuries, and apparently illness, happen. All you can do is try to make the best of it...

thechieftan

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:55 am

Grinnell played..

Wartburg...lost
UW-Platt lost
UW-Osh lost
Macalster lost
Dubuque lost

you proved my point that the MWC cant hang with teams in other conferences. None of the teams above won the regular season in their respective conference...

And how in the hell do you know I have a twitter account lol?? If you knew me you would know I did it as a joke and probably havnt "tweeted" in a month or so. But thanks for taking the time out of your day to check me out haha.

And good luck in the NCAAs rosenberg or should I call you "Frodo Baggins" when checking your mug shot out on the Grinnell website you won the conference tournament and will have to prove all of us wrong and win a game.
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:59 am

Technically pks aren't wins. Grinnell tied their way to the title lol
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 am

I second that Ben...Middlebury didnt play for ties though. They were a solid team that deserved everything...played against their goalie in club. First team all american 2 years in a row...
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:03 am

Ps. Ben I could have bet 100 dollars you were going to go right against Grinnell haha but you didnt
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:08 am

I went left every time this summer and this season. I was going to go down the middle on stas had the oppertunity arisen.
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Craigaldo wrote:Drago, is your ass on here deleting my damn posts lol...

I went to bed at 11, just got home right now. this is the first I've seen your posts...so no, I'm not. Maybe Pease hacked my account? Smoke
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Craigaldo wrote:And to other posters from other teams here...over the past few years I was hoping conference teams would get stronger and stronger but it just didnt happen. Hopefully with the long talent that Ripon/LF/Carroll/St.Norberts has the conference will get bigger wins during the season.

I don't know dude, Beloit looked like a different team than what we saw against Norbert and us to the MWC tourney. They have a very solid attack and if they get a solid defender or two, I could see them posting big numbers next year.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolguy Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:02 pm

"Technically pks aren't wins. Grinnell tied their way to the title lol"

I find this statement curious BenVA seeing as the world soccer governing bodies (FIFA and UEFA to name a few...) use this method to decide winners in close matches. An example of this would be Italy at the World Cup 2006 or Man. United in the Champions League during the 2008 campaign. Bonk Pissing and moaning about it is not going to bring you or "craigaldo's" collegiate careers back and that's a shame because you two were very talented soccer players. However, I just wish you would show the new conference tournament champions a little more respect because class is something you will need for the rest of your life.

As for Beloit and Grinnell, Cheers! cheers1
You guys were capable of ending the "Big Two's" dominance at the conference tournament and that is something to be proud of in and of itself. I look forward to watching the Grinnell team play in the NCAA tournament this weekend.
futbolguy
futbolguy

Back to top Go down

Post by BenVA Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Haha I only say that becase they are actually ties in the record books Smile
BenVA
BenVA
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Might not be the big two anymore. I haven't seen Beloit this year but there may be company at the top. I saw that Illinois College went on a run towards the end there but it may have had more to do with their schedule than their skill level.

I don't fully understand all the Grinnell bashing either. Unless they drop the swine flu in Carroll's water, all they did was show up and win games. You can't fault them with how they won them.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldman Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:52 pm

IT really doesn't matter how or why Grinnell won the MWC Tournament, their performance in the NCAA tournament will determine if they deserved to win the MWC Tournament!!

Oldman

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:04 pm

They have a real chance to win the first game. Soccer is a strange sport; if you catch a team on a bad day, you always have a chance. Who knows, I know I'm cheering for them.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Ollie, they showed up and tied two games....but as I stated on the other topic they have a good chance to advance past the first round. They already lost to Mac 2-1 but in the NCAAs anything can happen. However, the Loras game will be a prayer. Loras has advanced to the Final Four the last two years and will Bonilla/Mejia in company they will be looking for the national championship!
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:39 pm

I am not saying they are one of the country's elite teams. All I am saying is they are the only team to win two games last weekend in the MWC. Sure it wasn't pretty but I have seen Carroll play a form of "boot-ball" for years. It's not the same variety as Grinnell but it is still in the same league.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Ollie, they didnt win two games. Nobody "won" a game. They tied twice and advanced on pks. I have never been apart of the "boot-ball" while at Carroll but I couldnt tell you what we played in 06 when we went 5-3-1 in conference and 7-9-2 overall. We sucked and we probably played some form of kickball or something I really dont even remember freshman year...

But anyways, can we get some predictions for the Mac vs. Grinnell game

Mac 2 Grinnell 0, 2 goals by Gorecki
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:06 am

How do you know all these guys? I'm lucky to know anyone on two of the conference teams.

I guess you have to pick against Grinnell given their history but I hope for a close game...

Mac 3
Grinnell 0

Prove it wrong Iowans. Laughing
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Know a player on Loras....hes from Milwaukee, hes a fag though lol. And I watched a few webcasts of Mac games and Gorecki is by far their most dangerous player....

Mac was lucky to get into the tournament. They were dominated in the conference final against Carelton but got one off a corner under 10 min I believe...

I think Mac will come out flying and have all the confidence since they already beat grinnell. Also, Mac plays on turf and the "rock bowl" at Loras is turf so that helps.

here is the link to the webcast so people can watch it ...

Game is Saturday at 7:30

http://www.duhawks.com/stretch.php
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 am

Putting the word won in quotations does not allow Carroll to play another game. The record will show a tie but your team will not be playing another minute of soccer in 2009. You lost, they won, or "won".
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:31 pm

What does somebody have to do to get through to your big head....I know we didnt "advance" and wont be playing another game this year but we didnt lose. We TIED and lost on pk's. If we would have won the shootout our record still would have been 14-1-4. What dont you get about losing in a shootout being called a tie??? And our team will not be playing another minute in 2009, good point I didnt realize that...

Here is a link the NCAA bracket this year, Ohio Northern lost in a shootout to Brockport.....What does that score say??? 1-1

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2009/ncaa_bracket_DIII_soccer_men.html
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3