CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Packers Vs. Bengals EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Packers Vs. Bengals

+3
carter
dmarie10
The Future
7 posters

Go down

Packers Vs. Bengals Empty Packers Vs. Bengals

Post by The Future Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm

I'll try to keep this as short as the amount of time A-Rod had time to throw the ball yesterday, but then I have already said too much. The whole game was pathetic on all sides of the ball. The offense accounted for 7 points. Charles Woodson accounted for the other 14. Of the blame most of it should rain, I mean monsoon, on the o-line. Giving up 6 sacks and 5 to some no-name scrub who will probably be bagging groceries in a year is inexcusable. Did I mention that the Bengals had the 31st ranked pass rush last season? The only thing offensive about the line was that it was offensive to watch. The zone blocking rushing system doesn't work if the offensive lineman are continually being pushed around, blown up, and don't feel necessary to actually block anybody.

Some blame has to go on A-Rod because he has to realize after the first dozen or so sacks that he should get the ball out quicker. Some blame has to go on the play calling to allow for shorter dropbacks and quick hitters to slow down the rush. Also maybe a screen or shovel pass, which affectively can work as a running game should have been implemented.

Defensively allowing Cedric Benson almost 150 yards is a mortal sin and flat out embarrassing. The tale of the game could be seen in the fourth quarter on a 3rd and Two and the D whiffs on three tackles in the backfield and allows a 14 yard gain. Our D just wasn't physical enough and got pushed back off the line and allowed Benson to gain 5 yards a pop. It just shows to show you what an offense who doesn't dump in their pants (Chicago) can do against our new style D.

Lone Postive: Charles Woodson is still a premier corner in the league and will be a pro-bowler again this year. A true professional and leader.

In all honesty, the Packers are a Jay Cutler and company choke job away from being 0-2 after the most dominant preseason of all-time. I'm not saying the Packers are done because I still think they are the best team in the NFC North, but with the Bears beating Pit and Minnesota curbstomping chumps, the Pack better find some answers quick. THATS HOW I FEEL

The Future

Back to top Go down

Packers Vs. Bengals Empty Re: Packers Vs. Bengals

Post by dmarie10 Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:36 pm

I AGREE...I almost must say that the pack had way too many dropped passes in crucial situations. The worst part about it was it wasn't even by one or two players it was everybody! lol

I thought that penalty at the game was a little bit ridiculous considering they called it on Jennings and he wasn't even who it was on or if it even happened. The packers gotta correct the mistakes they've been making on both sides of the ball considering they have two huge games coming up, and a win against the vikes would be HUGE.

Closing comments, how did the colts just win this game when they only had two possessions in the second half and had the ball less then 15 minutes total in the whole game?!

dmarie10

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:31 pm

I really don't understand who Benson is. He runs really well at the end of last year, runs terribly when he was with Chicago and fumbled like a maniac during this year's preseason. Who the crap is Cedric Benson?!?!?! I don't get it.

As the game goes...i want to be sort of positive in this...

The O-line is terrible...buuuutttt, giving up an enormous amount of sacks the first week by the RT and now a G says that maybe...just maybe...each respective player had an off night.

Had the sacks all been given up by the same player, there might be a larger issue because the Pack would then need to go out and find a guy like Tauscher or some other FA veteran.

Obviously the negative side is that the whole line needs work and as it seems, are probably just not that good. I have never liked the strategy of ignoring the teams most important unit (IMO) throughout countless drafts. The packers keep going D-line, WR, LB or secondary and just hope that the O-line figures itself out.

3 years ago the Packers were in a great position to grab Justin Blalock out of Texas who is now a damn fine Guard for the Falcons. It was a far cry from a risky pick...smart, huge, quick, killer instinct, stayed out of trouble...the only reason he was around for picks 30 to 35 is the NFL doesn't like drafting guards high...but they'll drop 50 million on Alan Faneca or Steve? Hutchinson...

Bad drafting makes for bad seasons.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:34 am

I'm with Carter on the drafting issue. I'd actually go further then he does, and say that the Packers should use at least 50% of their picks every year on O-line. I know I've said this before, but I don't mind being a broken record. The line is by far the most important part of the game. It makes a QB, RB, and WRs. It gets points on the board, minutes off the clock, and keeps the other offense off the field.

Hopefully the line coheres this year. If it doesn't, its going to be a bad year for Rodgers, Grant, and Packer fans.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:00 am

I'd agree. I use to Carter crap about his fixation on drafting linemen, but he definitely was right.

For the Packers this is by far their biggest glaring flaw. As for my team (Lions) it is also their biggest flaw (next to their defensive backs). But the Lions show that drafting a lineman isn't enough; you have to actually make sure you are drafting a good lineman. Gosder Cherilous or however you spell his last name is a horrific lineman that arguably cost the Lions their momentum last game. Also, look at the Raiders with Robert Gallery. Just like any other position, it's a crap shoot.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 am

I'd say it is less of a crapshoot then lets say.. a quarterback?
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:51 pm

The only reason it is less of a crap shoot than a quarter back is that bad Left or Right Tackles can still turn out to be good to very good Offensive Guards. Look at Robert Gallery. Awful left tackle, high quality left guard.

They same might be true for Cherlious. I remember hearing about him in the draft as being VERY strong. If that is true, he may still turn out to be a good guard. I know the Lions were looking for a tackle but at least all of the money doesn't go to waste on a player riding the bench. Cherlious and Gallery still play. Where as Harrington, Leinart and Young do not.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:06 pm

I hear qb's can make good wideouts and running backs as well.. flexability is rather key I would think..?
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:09 pm

I can't tell if you are kidding but I will assume you are kidding.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down