CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Looking back at an interesting season EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Looking back at an interesting season EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Looking back at an interesting season EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Looking back at an interesting season EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Looking back at an interesting season EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Looking back at an interesting season EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Looking back at an interesting season EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Looking back at an interesting season EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Looking back at an interesting season EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Looking back at an interesting season

5 posters

Go down

Looking back at an interesting season Empty Looking back at an interesting season

Post by Dr. Cox Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:20 am

Seconds before the first game of this indoor session, I stopped for somewhat of a mental team check. Our defense was solid with players, we had a ton of offensive threats, and we also had several great ball handlers and some work horses. The only question that came to mind was about our rusty goal keeper. I have seen and played with Josh in the past and knew he could fit the bill, but I didn’t know how long it would take to knock all that rust off.
Well, we all discovered one thing very quickly in the midst of a crushing 14-2 defeat, Josh getting shelled through no fault of his own, and the terrible defense that I should have been better on. The one thing that was made clear (and for all you Carroll guys I know this rings home hard) is that we did not quit, I was proud of that. In fact, I think the first goal we made was when we were down by 10 or 11.
Drago realized something I tell him every season-- that we needed more players. Thankfully he listened to me for once and picked up two very stellar players— Chris, who seems to fit the bill in any position he finds himself in, and Tim, who is a great natural forward. I know you are quiet, Tim. Maybe it’s because you do not know any of us very well but if you did, I would hope the first words to me would be “Play me a good ball, dumb ass!” (My bad Tim, I will give you a good pass some day).
I think losing Jesse to an injury was a killer blow to the team. Jesse, Al, and Jason work very well together, and Jesse was one of the runners that we relied on. Without him our super fit people moved to Brad. Brad never seemed to care that he was the runner, but he just sucked it up and did it—thanks buddy. You were a big help.
I do have two last congrats. One goes to Jason, of course. Jason, you called it, you worked hard and you achieved what you said you would. I must say, I am very impressed. You ran your guts out (which was for like 20 seconds), got pushed around, fought back, kicked and scraped for anything you could and in the end your hard work paid off. Now lets get that fitness up a bit so you won’t have to sub out after a minute of play and can find the back of the net a few more times! Seriously, though, nicely done.
Lastly, big props to Brian. Brian, you are like Tim in the respect that you don’t say much. But your work ethic was amazing. You were one of the first to push forward, always willing to come back and play defense, and never afraid to go take the biggest meathead out on the other team. I must have seen the patented Blade Chop at least 5-6 times per game. You took people out, played solid defense, and went at anyone 1 on 1 and more often than not, chopped their ass up. You held the midfield together.
Everyone knows this was a season to build and most of us have only played a little bit with the others. But overall, I think we did well with a team that was fudged together. Josh, great season in the goal; sorry we let the other teams shoot on you so much. Vaughan and I will clean that up because, as you can see, we don’t score goals or do that “assist thing” very much, so we need something to keep us busy. Overall, this wasn’t too shabby for a bunch of out of shape players and Brad. Sixth place is not too bad— only 5 teams above us, nothing to worry about.

Also thank you Asha for your editing of my craziness
Dr. Cox
Dr. Cox
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Looking back at an interesting season Empty Re: Looking back at an interesting season

Post by jdkalman Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:56 pm

Wow G that was......awesome!!!! Thanks man.
jdkalman
jdkalman
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Looking back at an interesting season Empty Re: Looking back at an interesting season

Post by tvaughan9 Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:24 pm

brought a tear to my eye...good stuff

tvaughan9
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:10 pm

nice write up ewald...while i was reading it, i was thinking...where are all the spelling errors that i have learned to know and love?

Then i read the edit at the bottom. Laughing

I'm already looking forward to next session.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovejoy Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 am

garrett, will you marry me?
Lovejoy
Lovejoy
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by jdkalman Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:01 pm

OOOOOOk you wanna know how I know your gay?????
jdkalman
jdkalman
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down