CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th

4 posters

Go down

Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th Empty Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th

Post by drago Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:19 am

Nice move by the skins. In order to beat the cowboys you have to get to romo, in order to win in that division you have to stop the run. Taylor helps on both fronts.

I see that division ending up as:

Cowboys
Redskins
Eagles
Giants

----------////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\**********---------------
Skins trade for Dolphins Taylor after Phillips goes down
ESPN.com news services

After losing defensive end Phillip Daniels for the season, the Washington Redskins moved quickly to fill the void.

The Redskins acquired Jason Taylor from the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins will receive a second-round pick in 2009 and a sixth-rounder in 2010.

Daniels, a starter, was hurt on the initial play of 7-on-7 offense vs. defense drills on Sunday. He stayed down on the turf for several minutes before being taken away on a cart, a towel draped over his head. He's expected to have surgery Friday.

"Not a good way to start, at all," middle linebacker London Fletcher said. "It's a big blow to our defense. Phil was a tremendous leader, excellent at playing the run, and was going to be our third-down attack guy. With him going down, it's like we're replacing two guys."

ESPN.com's John Clayton first reported Daniels' season-ending injury and the fact that the Redskins were pursuing Taylor.

Washington executive vice president Vinny Cerrato said Taylor is expected to report to Redskins training camp on Monday.

The Redskins also lost another defensive end, reserve Alex Buzbee, to a season-ending injury during their afternoon practice. Buzbee ruptured his Achilles tendon.

"With Phillip gone, and now Buzbee gone, there's a hole there," head coach Jim Zorn said. "And Phillip has created a big hole."

Day 1 of Zorn's training camp debut as an NFL head coach also included this sight: Cornerback Fred Smoot threw off his left shoe and clearly was in pain after wideout Santana Moss landed on him during the afternoon practice. It turned out Smoot sprained his ankle and is expected to only miss a week or less.

"I love sprained ankles now, because we know that's just a few days' deal," Zorn said, cracking a smile.

He was more serious while speaking about the loss of Daniels, who has played 12 seasons in the NFL with Washington, Chicago and Seattle. His 59 career sacks rank 17th among active players.

"The hard part is he was so ready, and he did everything that he could possibly do to not just have a great training camp but an excellent football season," Zorn said. "And now he's got a new challenge before him, and of course we have a new challenge before us."

The Redskins began training camp with Erasmus James sidelined. He's a former first-round pick who has had serious knee injuries, and Zorn said he doesn't expect James to be able to begin practicing until next month.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th Empty Re: Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th

Post by Mr. Reynolds Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:16 pm

it was a nice move by them since taylor had a hell of a season in 07. to bad the packers can't make a move like that. we should pick up shaun alexander in the free agency since we have more cap room cuz favre is "retired". just in case grant is a bust
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th Empty Re: Taylor to the Skins for a 2nd and a 6th

Post by datrain711 Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 pm

wow the Redskins have slashed payroll and have started making competent moves all in the same offseason? they might actually start living up to the potential.

Fantastic move by the Skins and I can't say it enough. They have never viewed the draft as the holy grail as the Packers do, so this to them fits right in line with the philosophy of acquiring critical free agents.

Plus, they are getting a player who is going to have a HUGE chip on his shoulder after the brutal treatment he received in Miami.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:24 pm

I'm sorry Mr. Reynolds, but Shaun Alexander is terrible. Infact, he is so terrible I might be purchasing a dictionary tonight just to find a better word to describe how awful he really is.

He is slow, weak, goes down on first contact, a quitter and a team cancer. This is not 2004 anymore, he is not going to be going for the rushing title this year. He does not get to bitch at Holmgren for not letting him run the ball one last time to beat out Curtis Martin.

When Hutchinson left, so did Alexander. He is not the man you saw in 2004, he is now a broken down crybaby that just wants one more paycheck.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 pm

datrain711 wrote:wow the Redskins have slashed payroll and have started making competent moves all in the same offseason? they might actually start living up to the potential.

Fantastic move by the Skins and I can't say it enough. They have never viewed the draft as the holy grail as the Packers do, so this to them fits right in line with the philosophy of acquiring critical free agents.

Plus, they are getting a player who is going to have a HUGE chip on his shoulder after the brutal treatment he received in Miami.

I was reading an article that had Taylor quoted as saying he wants to be known more for his acting than football paying. This does not sound like a player with a chip on his shoulder, it sounds like a player that need panty hose and make up.

Taylor is done.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:28 pm

Mr. Reynolds wrote:it was a nice move by them since taylor had a hell of a season in 07. to bad the packers can't make a move like that. we should pick up shaun alexander in the free agency since we have more cap room cuz favre is "retired". just in case grant is a bust

Have you seen Alexander the past couple of years? He is done. I'd be outraged if he ended up in Green Bay. Luckily, we have mostly competent people in our front office.

Its clear that Green Bay is not impressed by the free agent market. It will be interesting to see if they decide to spend some of the money.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:33 pm

no need to spend money, they have a very young team, a team that seems hungry to get to the next level. i think they will learn how to win with rodgers at qb early in the season and will lean on him more and more as the season progresses.

McCarthy has been quite compitent in changing his strategies over the course of a season, not so much over the course of a game...but still...

I look forward to seeing what Rodgers can do with Jennings, Driver, Jones and now that second round rookie.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Ollie Octagon wrote:
datrain711 wrote:wow the Redskins have slashed payroll and have started making competent moves all in the same offseason? they might actually start living up to the potential.

I was reading an article that had Taylor quoted as saying he wants to be known more for his acting than football paying. This does not sound like a player with a chip on his shoulder, it sounds like a player that need panty hose and make up.

Taylor is done.

I think that what happened is that during the Dancing thing he got caught in the fame and there was this perception that he didn't want to play football any longer. But he has always been a great player and a good team guy, and I believe he will use the treatment he got from Tuna as motivation.

I have no way of knowing this, but I do believe he'll play 3 more years. And if I were a betting man, I'd bet he has a great season

will be interesting to see
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Good thing for Taylor is he is back to the 43 defense. He didn't struggle in the 34 but you can bet he'll be more comfortable just getting after the passer.

I always loved his crying when he'd lose to the jets. Especially the monday night miricle. lol
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 pm

the best monday night football game was the packers and redskins last year when favre bombed it to jennings in overtime. first play...first couple of seconds..game over...i creamed my pants after seeing that!!!!!
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:40 pm

wasn't that Denver? or did he do it in both?
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:43 pm

that was denver, did i say skins... whoops but yea that was amazing
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:03 pm

You lying butt-fortress. How dare you make things like this up. If I ever get my hands on you I will force you to eat day old breast milk.

Oh yeah, Favre is overrated.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:07 pm

favre and of course the jets are the best things that ever happened to the nfl. octon
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Mr. Reynolds wrote:favre and of course the jets are the best things that ever happened to the nfl. octon

the jets are a great dormat team. the Lovable losers.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down