CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread

+3
Plaintiff93
drago
RCBooba
7 posters

Go down

Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread Empty Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread

Post by RCBooba Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:13 pm

See if this takes off or not. The general idea is for someone to post a guilty pleasure song/artist/album, and then wait until others post and then you can contribute again. All you Minute Men out there, try to pace yourself and just post one at a time. It has to be music you enjoy in some form or another, not necessarily respect. And also, I realize the level of something being "guilty pleasure" varies, so if you're not sure, just post it anyway.

I will start with: Moby
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread Empty Re: Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread

Post by drago Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:25 pm

i always liked a lot of Sheryl Crowe..."Leaving Las Vegas" has to be high on the list.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread Empty Re: Continuing Guilty Pleasure Song/Artist Thread

Post by RCBooba Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:29 pm

I dare anyone to top this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeaX_Uqrvs4

fyi I don't enjoy it per se, but it is a damn fun sing-a-long...plus I find it funny that a friend of mine tried to pay a dj $20 to play it at a wedding and he refused
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:31 pm

i can't check youtube at work, but i'm guessing the friend was one Keith E.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 pm

drago wrote:i can't check youtube at work, but i'm guessing the friend was one Keith E.

You'll have to check it out tonight at home. And no, it wasn't Keith Hunter
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaintiff93 Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 pm

American Girl - i don't remember who sings it but i like it for whatever reason
Plaintiff93
Plaintiff93
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by BOMBER Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Uh Tom Petty...
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Plaintiff93 wrote:American Girl - i don't remember who sings it but i like it for whatever reason

Shocked

tell me you are kidding... No
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:39 pm

i used to like a lot of Aerosmith's cheesey stuff. id on't know if i'd like it anymore, but that has to make me some kind of a fairy right?
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BOMBER Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:52 am

For some reason everyone thinks it's gay to listen to John Mayer but he's one of my favorites. He's not some pop guy anymore - great jazz/blues guitarist as well. His new live CD Where The Light Is is sick.
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 am

Dashboard Confessional

And good call, Bomber. I don't like a lot of his stuff (the commercial part) but that new live cd had some damn good blues guitar on it. Drago I should make you a copy.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:40 am

RCBooba wrote:Dashboard Confessional

And good call, Bomber. I don't like a lot of his stuff (the commercial part) but that new live cd had some damn good blues guitar on it. Drago I should make you a copy.

if he does play blues, then yeah i'd be interested. I just never got used to his voice. Sort of like finger nails on a chalk board.

DAshboard definatly counts. why can't i spell definatly? i can't even get it close enough for the word program to get it right. i sucks.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaintiff93 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am

BOMBER wrote:Uh Tom Petty...

well i still liked it. i just odn't listen to older music much.
Plaintiff93
Plaintiff93
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:58 pm

Does Billy Joel count? I don't know if he's guilty pleasure or just f'n awesome
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

That song "Kiss Me", it is catchy as hell, I can never turn it off when it is on the radio. I hate myself for it.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by tictac Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:21 pm

Evanescence tongue
tictac
tictac
The "Pagan Baby"

http://icanhascheezburger.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:55 am

tictac wrote:Evanescence tongue

what do they sing? what about any song by creed? come on, you guys know you liked them for about 43 seconds. Admit it.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:02 am

meatloaf i would do anything for love. listened to the 10 minute version last night and it was pretty awesomely bad but I couldn't stop rocking to it
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:04 am

I'll put Creed down as per Drago's suggestion. More so in the past than now though. Another current GP for me is The Fray.

Drago, Evanescence sang the song "Bring Me to Life" that dominated the airwaves back in 2002-2004. It was in the movie Daredevil. I know you don't listen to popish radio and I'm pretty damn certain you haven't seen Daredevil, so maybe you haven't heard it. I like the song. Youtube it if you get curious (note: my guess is you won't like it)
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:09 am

RCBooba wrote:I'll put Creed down as per Drago's suggestion. More so in the past than now though. Another current GP for me is The Fray.

Drago, Evanescence sang the song "Bring Me to Life" that dominated the airwaves back in 2002-2004. It was in the movie Daredevil. I know you don't listen to popish radio and I'm pretty damn certain you haven't seen Daredevil, so maybe you haven't heard it. I like the song. Youtube it if you get curious (note: my guess is you won't like it)

your assumption is accurate. cyclops

I remember a song now. My ex had me learn it, i have since forgotten (i rule!), it was some chick song with a cool guitar part in it...crap, i can't remember. But trust me, i lost 3 masculine points on that song everytime i practiced it.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:03 am

drago wrote:
RCBooba wrote:I'll put Creed down as per Drago's suggestion. More so in the past than now though. Another current GP for me is The Fray.

your assumption is accurate. cyclops

I remember a song now. My ex had me learn it, i have since forgotten (i rule!), it was some chick song with a cool guitar part in it...crap, i can't remember. But trust me, i lost 3 masculine points on that song everytime i practiced it.

Drago you have to remember that song. I remember you telling me about it and I can't remember what it is and it'll drive me crazy because I'm stupid like that.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down