CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations

+2
drago
datrain711
6 posters

Go down

Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations Empty Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations

Post by datrain711 Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:42 am

here you go drago now you have your thread.

As stated in the Oktoberfest thread, I have been drinking Duvel, Hennepin, and Dancing Man a lot lately. I probably have tried well over 1,000 beer types, so I'll try my best to give recommendations if someone needs one.

And if anybody has tried something that was really good or really obscure, please let me know. I definitely like trying that stuff
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations Empty Re: Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations

Post by drago Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:43 am

With me not having a job after about a month or so, i need to stick with drinking milwaukee sewer-piss....The one pricey beer i really do like, because it doesn't taste like beer, is Strongbow (spell?).
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations Empty Re: Favorite Beers and Beer Recommendations

Post by datrain711 Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:48 am

drago wrote:With me not having a job after about a month or so, i need to stick with drinking milwaukee sewer-piss....The one pricey beer i really do like, because it doesn't taste like beer, is Strongbow (spell?).

see this is a common misonomer about beer that i will try and fix.

For instance, New Glarus Dancing man is an unbelievably fantastic hefeweisen style beer. It is very well made and it conceals the higher alcohol content (about 7.2 percent). Miller is about 3.1 percent i believe. People will pay what amounts to 75 cents a bottle or 60 cents a can for miller, but they won't pay $1.00 for new glarus, which is 3 times the alcohol content, and tastes a heck of a lot better.

So you are in fact getting more bang for your buck, plus a better product, by trying some of the microbreweries.

Drago, I will convert you.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 am

For you, next time i buy beer i'll make more note of alcohol content and go for the better taste. I live near a discount as well, it's almost too many choices to actually choose. It's painful, too many colors.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:58 am

Drago, I can stop at discount with you. I'll pick out a couple good 6-packs for you to try. Please don't get too emotional when the total is about 13-14 bucks for 12 beers Smile

just let me know what type of beer "taste" you are looking for. There is so much out there for you to try.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by lacey Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Dead-guy ale is super fantastic, and very high in alcohol
lacey
lacey
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Newcastle. Newcastle. And more Newcastle.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:09 pm

lacey wrote:Dead-guy ale is super fantastic, and very high in alcohol

Does your morbidity know no bounds, woman??
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm

RCBooba wrote:Newcastle. Newcastle. And more Newcastle.

newcastle is a standard english brown ale. it is ok, but only rated about a C for that style. try samuel smith's Nut Brown Ale or Naughty Goose.

my recommendation is to go to beeradvocate.com and read about all the different styles. You will be surprised to find out the different options
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:19 pm

for your birthday i'm getting you a 24 pack of a miller lite variety pack.. you're going to love it!
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:21 pm

datrain711 wrote:
RCBooba wrote:Newcastle. Newcastle. And more Newcastle.

newcastle is a standard english brown ale. it is ok, but only rated about a C for that style. try samuel smith's Nut Brown Ale or Naughty Goose.

my recommendation is to go to beeradvocate.com and read about all the different styles. You will be surprised to find out the different options

I tried the Nut Brown Ale and thought it was inferior to Newcastle. I'll try the Naughty Goose if I come across it. Moose Drool isn't bad either, but again it can't compare to Newcastle.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by lacey Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:26 pm

RCBooba wrote:

Didn't I get you to try that? It is really good. I will have to get a jug next time you come over.
lacey
lacey
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:28 pm

nut brown ale I thought was very good. I think it is better than newcastle, but obviously everyone has their own tastes Smile

interestingly enough,nut brown ale is rated as the number #1 beer in the world in this category. I never knew that until I had it at a fellow beer nut's house.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by lacey Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm

datrain, who are you? you sound like a super cool human
lacey
lacey
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm

lacey wrote:
RCBooba wrote:

Didn't I get you to try that? It is really good. I will have to get a jug next time you come over.

Nope I haven't had it. I think there were a couple hundred bottles of it last time I was there, but none left in the fridge.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by lacey Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:34 pm

RCBooba wrote:
lacey wrote:
RCBooba wrote:

Nope I haven't had it. I think there were a couple hundred bottles of it last time I was there, but none left in the fridge.

What?
lacey
lacey
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:40 pm

That "whooshing" sound that you heard, that was something going over your head...because you're so damn short
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:43 pm

lacey wrote:datrain, who are you? you sound like a super cool human

I'm just a man. I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am.

Thank you for the kind words. I was hesitant to respond to this because I've had people say that before and then when i responded i realized that they really despised me and I looked like a total ***hole by saying anything.

hooray, beer
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:46 pm

so what beer types tickle your fancies?

lately i've been into belgian strong ales and hefeweizen
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by lacey Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:00 pm

hefeweizen is good, I have not had it in awhile, but it is good. I LOVE hoppie beers. HopDevil is really good. Do you enjoy Heineken? What about Grolsch? Do you like any of the flying dog beers? I think I enjoy that beer more because of the super fantastic Gonzo art on its labels and packaging.
lacey
lacey
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaka Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Well, I just can say that Escudo is a good one. Kuntsmann too Ill send you a couple of those Wink

Why dont you drink wine instead???

Ha!
Flaka
Flaka
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 pm

mariano wrote:Well, I just can say that Escudo is a good one. Kuntsmann too Ill send you a couple of those Wink

Why dont you drink wine instead???

Ha!

ahhh!!! mariano!!!! como estas>?????
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:39 am

Perfect opportunity to give a spot to some of the socially and environmentally conscious breweries out there:

Full Sail
New Belgium<-- leader of the pack
Great Lakes Brewing Co.<-- good one for all of you Milwaukee residents
Boulder Beer Co.
Uinta
Coast Brewery
Sierra Nevada
Lakefront Brewery<-- even better for the Milwaukee crowd

I drink a lot of Full Sail and New Belgium, but can also attest to the quality of Boulder and Great Lakes beers.

On the other side of the coin, Coors is consistently among the worst breweries for environmental impact, social consciousness, and employee satisfaction. Among the American biggies, A-B seems to be the only one taking any real steps to improve.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:39 am

lacey wrote:hefeweizen is good, I have not had it in awhile, but it is good. I LOVE hoppie beers. HopDevil is really good. Do you enjoy Heineken? What about Grolsch? Do you like any of the flying dog beers? I think I enjoy that beer more because of the super fantastic Gonzo art on its labels and packaging.

if you like hefeweizen's, you MUST try new glarus dancing man. it is 7.20 percent alcohol, but it is well hidden, and this is the BEST hefeweizen i've ever had. its even a bit better than hacker pschorr.

heineken is terrible in my opinion, and i'm not a fan of grolsch. I bought some left hand milk stout last night and it was AWESOME. so creamy and smooth.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down