CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
New Berlin West EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
New Berlin West EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
New Berlin West EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
New Berlin West EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
New Berlin West EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
New Berlin West EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
New Berlin West EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
New Berlin West EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
New Berlin West EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New Berlin West

3 posters

Go down

New Berlin West Empty New Berlin West

Post by CA Bot Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:38 pm

New Berlin West vs Waukesha South (80 minute game)

Game Report on New Berlin West
August 30, 2008

New Berlin West was on its third game in two days and fatigue was beginning to set in as they played an inferior opponent in the Waukesha South Blackshirts.

Set Plays- With as many set plays as West had, it would have been nice to see them put one in the net. As the set pieces continued, West seemed to get worse and worse at their execution. I have no idea why Aaron Cranfill (#17) is asked to take corner kicks when he is easily their most dominant player in the air.
• 20 yards out, 5 yards wide of the 18 yard area on the far left side of the field. Aaron Cranfill (#17) crosses with his right foot to the back post. Great placement with good trajectory, the header was missed wide but then was called offside.
• 45 yards out, left center of the field. Cranfill sends the ball to the 6 yard area, ball was off target, keeper collects.
• 55 yards out, left center of the field. Cranfill lofts between sweeper and keeper, near make by Steven Grosskreutz (#18) misses wide of the net by a few feet.
• 50 yards out, far left. Cranfill played ball to the penalty kick mark, flicked on by a teammate, rolls out of bounds.
• Corner Kick, left side. Cranfill crosses, diving header, save by South’s keeper (no roster available)
• 50 yards out, far left of field. Cranfill lofts ball to back post. Ball was played too high to be dangerous.
• 50 yards out, central. Ball played with good velocity, poor keeper play allowed the ball to bounce on the 6 yard line, bounces over keeper’s hands, hitting the cross bar. West does not do a good job of crashing the net, evident by their lack of production through their multitude of chances on set plays. South clears this play with relative ease.
• Corner Kick, left side. Cranfill plays to short post, header misses just wide of post.
Quick Notes on New Berlin West Players-
• Charlie Dillett #6, Senior - Stopper/Defensive Center Midfield – Dillett is a strong athlete but does not have the feet to be a good all around player. He is a nice player to play in front of a flat four defense because he does have a good amount of hustle. If he gains coordination, he could turn out to be a good player, being that this is his senior season, he may run out of time.
• Billy Cameron #3, Junior – Central Midfield – Good left foot with decent awareness and ball control. Lacks overall vision to fully exploit the opposition’s weaknesses but does a nice job of holding down the midfield.
• Steve Poulos #14, Senior – Midfield – Tends to play the obvious ball too frequently. Sometimes this can work to his benefit when putting together give and goes. He may have the best overall knowledge of soccer on West’s team. Poulos had multiple sequences utilizing the give and go, or up back through throughout the two games I have seen of him. Poulos had a chance to end the game in the 55th minute but on a wide open shot he missed wide right.
• Ryan Zachow #0, Senior Captain - Goalkeeper – Great form on even the simple saves. Uses a drop kick into the wind and lofts the ball when the wind is behind him. He may not trust his outside defenders, understandably so, because he rarely throws the ball in to anyone’s feet. Compact frame with a strong build.
• Aaron Cranfill #17, Senior Captain – Center Defender – Good to great ball winner. I have yet to see him against a quality opponent; it would be interesting to see him challenged by a forward. Tends to dribble too much when the ball is at his feet, he has flashes of quick releases but then in the next sequence he will try to split defenders on the dribble. As a center back, this is the worst thing you can do. After a border line no foul call against Cranfill he retaliates against the South player almost drawing a Penalty Kick. The second foul should have been called and would have given South a 1-0 lead. Cranfill received a yellow card for yelling at the referee on another no call on a foul of one of his teammates. The circumstance was a bad one, the referee’s did not do a good job of keeping the game under control but there is never a good reason to receive a caution for descent. Last note, Cranfill is surprisingly quick. He caught two defenders from behind, one in the 67th minute with a very clean slide tackle inside of the 18 yard area.
• Spyro Tselentis #5, Junior – Midfield – Overall a weak player does not offer much in the attack or on the defense. He is a reasonably good athlete but may be a position a team looks to exploit.

-------------
more reports at www.cheeseathletics.com/highschool.htm

CA Bot
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

New Berlin West Empty Re: New Berlin West

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:38 am

Catch enough games Drago? Holy crap. You need to get them posted on the website and perhaps do a little proof reading next time.

I'd be willing to help you out if you want things proof read from time to time. Doesn't hurt to have an extra set of eyes.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:28 pm

Ollie Octagon wrote:Catch enough games Drago? Holy crap. You need to get them posted on the website and perhaps do a little proof reading next time.

I'd be willing to help you out if you want things proof read from time to time. Doesn't hurt to have an extra set of eyes.

I may take you up on that. I didn't catch too many games last week so i was able to catch up to myself and actually get some stuff posted.

I think they came out pretty well, i'm not a writer or anything but the point generally gets made.

New berlin west is pretty solid. the more i watched them the more i think they were playing down to their competition against Waukesha North. No slight against North, they should do well this year, but they are by no means a state contending team.

West could be.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:57 pm

I see West is now ranked in state. Surprising that a New Berlin school is doing so well.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down