CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Yes Mason!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Yes Mason!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Yes Mason!! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Yes Mason!! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Yes Mason!! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Yes Mason!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Yes Mason!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Yes Mason!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Yes Mason!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Yes Mason!!

4 posters

Go down

Yes Mason!! Empty Yes Mason!!

Post by carter Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Ravens offense explodes, on and off the field
Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2009 9:08 AM ET

For nearly a decade under offensive genius Brian Billick, the Ravens were a team that typically won football games by keeping the opposing team as close to the egg of a goose as possible.

Now, in year two after Billick's departure, the offense is starting to look like it was supposed to look throughout his tenure.

Indeed, the 38 points that Baltimore scored on Sunday represents more than any scored during the last year of Billick's tenure, when the team scored 30 points once and less than 20 half the time. Though the Ravens scored more than 30 points four times in John Harbaugh's first season at the helm, they never made it to 38.

And the Ravens are also becoming explosive off the field, too.

According to Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com, the Ravens didn't take kindly to remarks from Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter in a recent conference call, during which Johnson at one point said of quarterback Joe Flacco, "You want a bum, you pay a bum."

"Keyshawn Johnson is the bum, that's why he's in the analyst seat," receiver Derrick Mason told Freeman. "He tried to come back to football but no one would sign him. He was never that good a player. He got lucky and signed on in Tampa Bay and won a Super Bowl because they had a great defense.

"Just look at the two people doing the criticizing, that's all I'm saying. Keyshawn was overrated and Carter is in the same boat I'm in. He doesn't have a Super Bowl ring either. He's in the analyst seat without a ring. At least I'm playing. He still wants to play but he can't anymore. We're the bums? That's why you're in the analyst seat. Just be quiet and keep dreaming you still could play."

(Mason really needs to come out of his shell.)

Apart from the 38 points on the scoreboard and the all points bulletin on Keyshawn's playing career, the Ravens rang up 501 yards of total offense, and they surrendered only 188.

So if the Baltimore ball-moving unit is waking up at a time when the defense is still playing great, they could be a very serious contender in the AFC, again.

That said, there's also a chance that the Chiefs are still really, really bad, and that the Ravens will struggle against the likes to the Chargers, Patriots, Vikings, Colts, Steelers (twice), Packers, and Bears.

More on the Chiefs-Ravens game is coming later today, One-Liner style.

Check Johnson's numbers in his super bowl year. The dude did absolutely nothing to help them win it. 1 TD on the season, and 60 yards or so in the actual Super Bowl.

He did his job as a blocker, in which case that Buccs team would have done just as well with a guy like Musin Muhammed.

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago when Johnson told Marshal to shut up and win a ring before he talks? Johnson was pulling all that star and flashlight **** when he was with the jets and unless the Jets had him rostered in 1969 that pile of **** hadn't won a damn thing.

Good for Mason, finally someone speaking without the anonymity of "the unnamed source". Guys like Mason need to speak up in this league. I'm tired of hearing the same old uneducated piles of dog **** like Chad Johnson and TO getting all the press while the palyers that actually HAVE something to say, sit quiet.

Mason = new favorite player for 09 Laughing
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Yes Mason!! Empty Re: Yes Mason!!

Post by ethan Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:31 pm

"Mason = new favorite player for 09 "

And my new least favorite player for '09...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4473245

I haven't paid any attention to this story until I saw it today. What a douchebag.
I don't understand the part about re-entering the draft. I thought a team had the rights to a player once they selected them. Didn't realize those rights expired after a year. Hope the 49ers keep the rights to him and never pay him a cent so that he has to get a job. See how much that degree in nothing is worth from ****ing Texas Tech.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:57 pm

I thought you meant you didn't like what Mason had to say...i was surprised to say the least.

Anywho....Crabtree is a bum, i never thought i'd see the day that a player would actually sit out a full year rather than get paid millions of dollars to play a game. Glad to see we have come this far as a country. Exciting.

With a full year off of football, do you think he'll even be a first round player in 2010?
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:18 am

I don't see how he could be a 1st rounder. Plus, teams would have to take into consideration his holdout history and refusal to play for the 49ers.

I like the Mason comment.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:37 am

In a way it's kind of good Crabtree is doing this. I think he had potential, but if he stays out and waits to be drafted again there is no way a team is going to select him that high. Imagine if he went to the 2nd round? It'll be the perfect message to future players to be thankful for what you get.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 pm

orrr booba...he lands on a high powered offense and becomes a main stay in the NFL. The last thing, IMO, this league needs is another big mouthed cry baby bitching about not getting the ball enough.

I see your point though...who knows, i hope you're right.

BTW, good for the 49ers in not paying this a-hole.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:14 am

Agreed. Just for that, SF, I will cheer for you.

I also hope that Booba is correct. I'd love for Crabtree to fall to the second round next year. Unfortunately, even if he does, he'll still get $ 1 mil or more per year, which is far more than a douchebag like him deserves.

P.S. Should I be alarmed that my semen has a slightly reddish tint as of late? I don't actually see any blood (like when you spit and there are strings of blood mixed in with the saliva), but I don't know what else could cause such coloration. Something in the food I've been eating? The air?

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:13 am

you are a terrible person. Your parents should have smothered you as a youth.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:12 pm

What??? I ask a serious question about my physical well being, and you get all bent out of shape. Well, I guess I know who my REAL friends are.

Booba, don't worry, I'll keep you posted on the hue of my bodily fluids.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks, buddy. Sweating bullets over here thinking about it.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:46 pm

FYI you might wanna get that checked.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:28 am

RCBooba wrote:FYI you might wanna get that checked.

Thanks for volunteering to help. I'll send a sample right away.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum