CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fantasy Season! List your team and judge harshly!!

+2
carter
cpschult
6 posters

Go down

Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! Empty Fantasy Season! List your team and judge harshly!!

Post by cpschult Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 am

QB's
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

RB's
Michael Turner
Pierre Thomas
Beanie Wells
Darren Sproles
Rashard Mendenhall

WR's
Calvin Johnson
Greg Jennings
Lee Evans
Eddie Royal
Nate Washington

TE's
Greg Olsen
Dustin Keller

Kickers
Rian Lindell

Defense
Titans

We just switched to a points per catch in this league, before out TE's were basically worthless if they didn't catch a TD. Changes how this works a bit, not confident about my draft, but I think it should be competitive. GO LIONS!!

ps yeah i probably should have picked a third running back who will start(come on beanie) so sue me! (3 wr, 2 rb league)
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! Empty Re: Fantasy Season! List your team and judge harshly!!

Post by carter Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:38 am

I like your team but i really think Royal and Evans are going to come crashing down to earth this year. Overall, Evans is a class A stud but the Bills O-line was bad in 08 and they lost their best player (Peters) for 09. Until Edwards learns how to throw from his back, the Bills are in deep ****.

I really like your RB's. Thomas is an early round sleeper that a lot of people are afraid of. He won't get you catches, so that sucks in PPR leagues but he should see the painted grass with decent regularity.

Titans are ok, but play a very rough schedule. Look at Washington to start the year, they have a few week opponents to start off with.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Season!  List your team and judge harshly!! Empty Re: Fantasy Season! List your team and judge harshly!!

Post by cpschult Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:11 pm

i got stuck in a weird place for drafting wr's, i definetly need to pick up some new blood once players start to stand out
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Not to get into too much depth, but i think you'll have a couple RB's worth starting spots after the first couple weeks. Think about trading them or even Turner for a stud WR. You are really loaded at RB...you shouldn't have much trouble landing a big time WR.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaintiff93 Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:27 pm

romo

owens
ochocinco
holt

turner
portis

shockey

barrian
brown
cassell
stewart
branch

pittsburg
minnisota

longwell

i'm going to win this thing-no problem
Plaintiff93
Plaintiff93
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:40 pm

You have team "old-man" for your receiving corps. Watch out for the youth movement that is 2009. Laughing
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:42 pm

10 man league...PPR league too...i'm pretty pumped about everything but my QB's.

Matt Ryan

Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Dwayne Bowe

Brian Westbrook
Chris Johnson

Chris Cooley

Minnesota/Texans (i'm trying to drop the texans to pick up Minny, someone dropped them...no idea why)

Reggie Bush
Chris Wells
Rashard Mendenhall
Jay Cutler
Donnie Avery
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Are you playing the illustrious 4 man league or are all your compatriots simply retarded?

First round picks; generally speaking in a 12 man league.
Chris Johnson
Andre Johnson
Brian Westbrook

How is it that you have three of them?
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm not sure i'm in the best of leagues here. Westbrook actually fell to the third but the other two i thought were pretty right on (10 for Andre and 15 for Chris).

I'm pumped about those three and grabbing Reggie Bush in the fifth. In a PPR his value is through the roof in terms of a fifth round pick.

It's a pretty decent money league, 50 bucks...i think i should be a top three team come week one.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaintiff93 Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:20 am

carter wrote:You have team "old-man" for your receiving corps. Watch out for the youth movement that is 2009. Laughing

laugh all you want! ochocinco is going to be off the hook this year and you will see that soon!

i cant beleve how late owens was on the board he will be a dominant player on his new team. money in the bank!
Plaintiff93
Plaintiff93
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaintiff93 Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:21 am

cpschult wrote:QB's
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

RB's
Michael Turner
Pierre Thomas
Beanie Wells
Darren Sproles
Rashard Mendenhall

WR's
Calvin Johnson
Greg Jennings
Lee Evans
Eddie Royal
Nate Washington

TE's
Greg Olsen
Dustin Keller

Kickers
Rian Lindell

Defense
Titans

We just switched to a points per catch in this league, before out TE's were basically worthless if they didn't catch a TD. Changes how this works a bit, not confident about my draft, but I think it should be competitive. GO LIONS!!

ps yeah i probably should have picked a third running back who will start(come on beanie) so sue me! (3 wr, 2 rb league)

i dont like romo but cutler is a good qb to have for back up.

evans wont do **** this year. owens will catch nearly everything, evans is rated way to high, hes just a number two guy now.
Plaintiff93
Plaintiff93
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:38 pm

Plaintiff93 wrote:

i dont like romo but cutler is a good qb to have for back up.

evans wont do **** this year. owens will catch nearly everything, evans is rated way to high, hes just a number two guy now.

Evans didn't do that much last year either. Now that he isn't the focus of the defense, I'm hoping he opens up. I don't expect him to catch many td's since TO will demand the ball in the red zone.

We will see how the cowboys do this year, I expect they can both blow up, they both have the potential!
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:28 pm

carter wrote:10 man league...PPR league too...i'm pretty pumped about everything but my QB's.

Matt Ryan

Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Dwayne Bowe

Brian Westbrook
Chris Johnson

Chris Cooley

Minnesota/Texans (i'm trying to drop the texans to pick up Minny, someone dropped them...no idea why)

Reggie Bush
Chris Wells
Rashard Mendenhall
Jay Cutler
Donnie Avery

Uh, I think your team is pretty stacked. Are there any teams that will even compete with your team of studs?
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:28 pm

ads
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:52 pm

there look to be three teams (including mine) that are pretty stacked. One has Brees, Jones-Drew, a stud receiver and a deep bench...he took some shots late in the draft that i think could really work out. One being that Jamarcus Finely, TE for Green Bay.

The other team has Calvin Johnson, A Peterson, Wes Welker, Kevin Smith (as a Number 2 RB, could be his weakest spot) but has just a boat load of stud receivers.

At the end of the day i love my bench and think i can make a trade later for a big time QB or just hope that Ryan or Cutler pan out.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:19 am

Is the guy named Serpent, owner of the Banana Peels, the same guy from the league last year?

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Yeah, he's the same guy. Still need a couple more.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:37 am

Awesome.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:34 pm

i heard they changed how you draft online?
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Drago, you've got to kill the Ham Fighters before the draft happens. Still not sure how I created two teams, but the Beijing Ham Fighters will be the only squad I draft for.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:01 am

got it.

You knwo of anyone else? I got Garrett signing up (hopefully today)...we could do 12 but i don't really care.

oh yeah, i'm adding an extra TE cause i like it.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:41 am

Thanks for taking care of that. As a reward, I'll make sure to use less teeth next time.

I invited one of my coworkers to join the league. Not sure if he will, but he sounded interested.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:45 am

Good lord, i hate auto picking but i think my team came out ok. time for the trades.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:49 am

I was a little upset that the draft froze (for me) and booted me out during the 1st round, but my auto pick turned out to be the one I would've taken. Ah well.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:52 am

i was pleased with my team...not so much for the bench and i didn't get a TE i wanted but that's what trading is for. Although, good luck getting carlson from ethan's steely death grip.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:37 pm

I feel pretty impartial about my team...not sure that that's a good thing.

QB - Drew Brees
WR- Marques Colston
WR-Vincent Jackson
WR-Devin Hester
RB-Brandon Jacobs
RB-Jonathan Stewart
RB-Felix Jones
TE-Antonio Gates
TE-Anthony Fasano
W/R-Jericho Cotchery
K-Rob Bironas
D-San Diego
DP-Demeco Ryan
BN-Jamal Lewis
BN-Eli Manning
BN-Deion Branch
BN-T.J. Duckett
BN-Chase Coffman
BN-Jason Elam
BN-Chicago
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

QB - Drew Brees
WR- Marques Colston
WR-Vincent Jackson
WR-Devin Hester
RB-Brandon Jacobs
RB-Jonathan Stewart
RB-Felix Jones
TE-Antonio Gates
TE-Anthony Fasano
W/R-Jericho Cotchery
K-Rob Bironas
D-San Diego
DP-Demeco Ryan
BN-Jamal Lewis
BN-Eli Manning
BN-Deion Branch
BN-T.J. Duckett
BN-Chase Coffman
BN-Jason Elam
BN-Chicago
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

QB - Drew Brees
WR- Marques Colston
WR-Vincent Jackson
WR-Devin Hester
RB-Brandon Jacobs
RB-Jonathan Stewart
RB-Felix Jones
TE-Antonio Gates
TE-Anthony Fasano
W/R-Jericho Cotchery
K-Rob Bironas
D-San Diego
DP-Demeco Ryan
BN-Jamal Lewis
BN-Eli Manning
BN-Deion Branch
BN-T.J. Duckett
BN-Chase Coffman
BN-Jason Elam
BN-Chicago
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:32 am

Drago, I just sent you a few trade offers, then retracted one because it was ridiculously stupid and you'll laugh at it. You might still laugh at the one I left on the table. I couldn't take Benson for Washington. Their outputs last season are just too different, and our league gives plenty of points for return yardage so Washington is a decent start even if he doesn't get many carries.

I'll look at the Carlson situation and see if I can propose another laughable trade.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:57 am

Sorry about the triple post, kids. I honestly have no idea why that happened.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Ethan...you need to realize i am a Jets fan but not a total idiot. Not saying I don't have my moments but offering me Thomas Jones as if he was worth more than a 2 penny hooker is sort of a joke. Had Jones been around in the final round, I would not have drafted him.

Word around Jets camp...and any human with functional eyes, say that Jones is done around the goal line and will split 40-40-20 with Leon and Greene. The last thing I want in FF is to land two jets RB's considering their offense should be comparable to the Lions and that might be giving the Jets an edge.

So no, I will not give Deangelo AND Benson for two **** baller RB's named Washington and Jones. BTW, thanks for rescinding that because i was in the middle of purchasing a plane ticket and a tack hammer and coming after you.

My team----

Matt Ryan

Steve Smith
Wes Welker
Dwayne Bowe

Deangelo Williams
Steven Jackson
Beanie Wells

Cedric Benson

Minnesota

I picked up Chris Henry from waivers and think he will be a good starter by week four.

I like my team but a lot of it hinges on Ryan throwing more around the goal line.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:39 pm

One man's trash is another man's (sort of) treasure, I guess.

While Jones and Washington aren't studs, they put up decent numbers last year, and have a QB situation that will probably involve lots of running and check downs. Their defense is nothing to scoff at, either, so they shouldn't have to play too much catch up in games. To me, that looks like the fixin's for a decent year.

On the flip side, I don't understand your optimism about Wells. He's coming into a throw-first offense, isn't a very good pass catcher out of the backfield, and competes against a RB (Hightower) that did a good enough job last year to get his team to the Super Bowl.

Maybe we're both right. Maybe we're both wrong. What I know for certain is that Lath is a huge douchebag.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:41 pm

Hey, remember that time I went to a Central vs. Holmen basketball game and held up a sign that said "Onalaska sucks." That was funny.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 pm

His situation looks good (jones') but he is going to be 32, has never been good around the goal line and had a player drafted to specifically take goal line and short yardage carries. Coupling that in with the fact that Leon will be more involved in the offense.

It's at the point where nobody knows how much Leon actually gets but what i am certain of, is that Jones will be phased out as the season goes on. It's not that I don't think the jets will put up yards on the ground, they will, its that i don't want to gamble on one of the backs getting the brunt of those yards.

Offering them both to me is funny because they will both be very average do to Greene's stealing of the goal line carries. It's like you need all three to fill in one spot or you are getting screwed.

and yes...i liked your sign. hahahhaa
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Stop chearing for the Jets. When was the last time they made a serious push at anything? 1998?
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Checked the matchups when I got in to work this morning, and saw a few significant surprises. Also saw that McNabb broke a few ribs? Opportunity for Vick?

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Let me eat my words about TJ...ok...no...i'm kidding.

The guy had a horrible YPC yet again yet he still got his touches late when the defense was worn down. Kudos to him for being able to hit the hole hard even at the end but he is still a garbage back...in terms of FF, he may be servicable.

I just can't wait for Greene to get healthy.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:52 pm

I was offered Calvin Johnson and Darren McFadden for Steven Jackson...i countered with Ryan Grant instead of McFadden.

Thoughts?
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down