CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks...

4 posters

Go down

I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... Empty I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks...

Post by drago Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Weeks is an awful leadoff man. He flys out too often, the swings at the first pitch on a consistant basis without any type of results. He was batting 215 with an OBP of 310 but has since been raising his average on a consistant level.

The problem with having a 310 OBP is that the 4 guys behind him are quite clutch with RISP. Braun is hitting 280, fielder 275, Hart 285 and Hardy has been as hot as the July son the past two months. Now, their batting averages are nothing like the AL East big money roid-boys but they are still decent averages and nice power numbers for each player.

I'd love for the Brewers to have a truly dangerous lead off stick but until that day comse i should not be so hard on weeks. He has been righting the ship a bit and he might be the guy for the job.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks... Empty Re: I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks...

Post by BOMBER Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:55 pm

Raaay Durham *clap clap clapclapclap*
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:42 am

BOMBER wrote:Raaay Durham *clap clap clapclapclap*

Are the Brewers looking to go after Durham?
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:33 am

brewers add durham yesterday for 2 grade "C" prospects who are long shots to make the majors.

Immediately, Durham becomes out best hitter for average and highest obp guy. Look for him to platoon with weeks so that we can get production from 2nd base whether we are facing a righty or a lefty. However this will not be a strict platoon because Durham is not a true everyday player anymore.

Good move by the Crew with almost zero risk. Durham is old and doesn't play defense anymore, so using him to utilize his bat a few days a week is a good idea. Weeks has been terrific against lefties so hopefully Durham can hit tough righties.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:53 am

Weeks being as terrible as he is, although hotter as of late, needs the relief. I was going to start with the Craig Counsel chear, if there is one, if they didn't do something about Weeks soon.

It's funny how Weeks' being hot is still an under 300 average. All I am asking for is a player that battles the count at the top of the lineup and hits the ball hard on the ground.

I hope Durham is the guy, I agree, good signing by the crew.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:58 am

Ollie Octagon wrote:Weeks being as terrible as he is, although hotter as of late, needs the relief. I was going to start with the Craig Counsel chear, if there is one, if they didn't do something about Weeks soon.

It's funny how Weeks' being hot is still an under 300 average. All I am asking for is a player that battles the count at the top of the lineup and hits the ball hard on the ground.

I hope Durham is the guy, I agree, good signing by the crew.

Baseball Prospectus and Baseball America (the 2 kings of statistical analysis) have never projected rickie as a .300 hitter, but I am in complete agreement that we need someone more consistent. Weeks should be hitting around .280, walking a lot, and hitting for some power. So far, he has only given us glimpses of his overall potential.

Remember, he was the 2nd pick OVERALL in the MLB draft. This guy was phenomenal coming up through the system. Every Brewer will tell you that he has the most talent on the team. As someone who is an absolute diehard and who also closely follows our minor league system, it is hard for me to see him struggle this much.

Rickie--Its time for you to live up to expectations.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:06 am

Sometimes guys just need a kick in the ass. maybe the durham signing will piss him off a bit and force him to get his butt in gear. Like i said when i started the thread, maybe i'm too hard on the guy. He does seem to be taking more pitches and getting on base with more regularity but we need more.

With the guys hitting behind weeks you just need a guy getting on base, you barely even need him to steal (which weeks could do)...just get on base!

I'm dying to know the outcome of the next two series...it's nice going in hot, but lets hope the crew didn't blow their load against the Giants.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:38 pm

I will say this on Rickie's behalf: He is ten times the defensive player this year than he was the past 2 seasons
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:06 pm

datrain711 wrote:I will say this on Rickie's behalf: He is ten times the defensive player this year than he was the past 2 seasons

I'm not sure that this is the way to build a great team; drafting a player #2 overall to hit like a chump but play good defense at SECOND ****ing base!!!!

Again, that was overly dramatic but he does need to hit the damn ball.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:22 pm

He so far hasn't panned out but I sure don't blame the Brewers for drafting him. That year, GMs were salivating about the chance to get him on their team. There was no doubt that he was the guy to pick. But that is what is funny about baseball, every year there are 45 rounds or do in the draft, and it is likely only 2 of those guys will be effective major league players.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by BOMBER Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 am

Except 2005 when Justin Upton, Alex Gordon, Ryan Zimmerman, Braun, Troy Tulowitzki, Jay Bruce, and Jacoby Ellsbury all went in the first round.

But yeah, we didn't really miss out on too much when we drafted Weeks. Nick Markakis, Conor Jackson, and Carlos Quentin are the only bats I can really think of that have done anything since, and none of them are stars. Chad Billingsley (9-9, 3.32 ERA, 66 K in 63 IP with LA) is the only guy in that class where I can say "I'd like to have him instead of Rickie".
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:09 pm

BOMBER wrote:Except 2005 when Justin Upton, Alex Gordon, Ryan Zimmerman, Braun, Troy Tulowitzki, Jay Bruce, and Jacoby Ellsbury all went in the first round.

But yeah, we didn't really miss out on too much when we drafted Weeks. Nick Markakis, Conor Jackson, and Carlos Quentin are the only bats I can really think of that have done anything since, and none of them are stars. Chad Billingsley (9-9, 3.32 ERA, 66 K in 63 IP with LA) is the only guy in that class where I can say "I'd like to have him instead of Rickie".

what i meant to say was that each team only gets about 2 productive major leaguers out of their draft if they are lucky. the draft is such a crapshoot, especially after the first 4 rounds.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by BOMBER Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:16 pm

No no I totally agree. I was just saying that the 05 draft was a complete goldmine.
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down