CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
YOST FIRED EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
YOST FIRED EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
YOST FIRED EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
YOST FIRED EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
YOST FIRED EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
YOST FIRED EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
YOST FIRED EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
YOST FIRED EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
YOST FIRED EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

YOST FIRED

+2
drago
BOMBER
6 posters

Go down

YOST FIRED Empty YOST FIRED

Post by BOMBER Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:24 pm

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Brewers today announced that Ned Yost has been dismissed from his position as manager of the Club. The announcement was made by Brewers Executive Vice President and General Manager, Doug Melvin.
"This was a very difficult move to make, and we appreciate all of the work that Ned has done to develop this team into a contender," Melvin said. "In the end, this was a collaborative decision made to put our Club in the best position for the final two weeks of the season."
Dale Sveum, the Brewers third base coach, will take over in an interim role as manager for the remainder of the season. Bench Coach Ted Simmons has been reassigned to an advisory role. Any other coaching changes will be announced later.
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

YOST FIRED Empty Re: YOST FIRED

Post by drago Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:59 pm

should have happened when he blew it last year. Yoost has to be a bottom five manager in baseball. Addition by subtraction.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 am

drago wrote:should have happened when he blew it last year. Yoost has to be a bottom five manager in baseball. Addition by subtraction.

Yost is getting the boot because our young players are playing like choke artists. For 14 games, Braun, Hardy, Fielder, and Hart are all hitting under .200. We scored 10 runs in 4 games in Philadelphia, and that certainly wasn't Ned's fault. Yost has made some questionable moves, but is he really all of a sudden a different manager than he was in August in which we were a major league best 20-7?

Like almost every major league manager, Yost doesn't understand or employ sabermetrics in his managerial moves. There are probably only 4-5 good mlb managers, the rest are just given praise as being "good baseball men" or "good motivators" But Ned gets a ton of blame in the area because people don't like his personality.

I can only hope that the Brewers stop their trend of hiring people from the 1982 team to fill important roles up and down the organization. I would love for them to think outside the box and hire a manager who understands the complex statistical methods that often define how games play out. I think that "Nervous Ned" did a good job in bringing us to respectability, but maybe the playoff chase is a bit much for him. He did a much better job than people give him credit for, but milwaukee fans never let facts get in the way of their insane arguments. I do stand behind this decision if the organization hires a competent staff for AAA and our major league levels next year. Hopefully this move shakes things up and we can get on a run.

And finally, this move was obviously sent down straight from ownership. Melvin is the most loyal GM in MLB. There is no way he would hang a manager out to dry like that without Attanasio forcing him too. I think there is a good chance that Melvin might be out as GM after this year.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Klugie Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 am

I totally agree and it was only done, just as the other huge moves that were made this year and last to shake things up, draw attention to the brewers, and hopefully make the playoffs even if it means it ending in a 4 game sweep. This firing was going to happen after this season anyways (unless a huge playoff run was made) so why not do it now and hopefully start a fire under the brewers ass and if not atleast it gave the brewers alot of publicity and showed we did everything in our power to make the postseason. Even if it might not have been the right move. But then again we have made alot of those wrong moves. I wont even waste my time typing those out.
Klugie
Klugie
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:18 am

I hear you train, but i think it's a damn good move at the time because something needs to change and it needs to change now. We are now tied for the WC and fading fast. It worked for the Mets earlier in the year in firing their skipper.

Something needed to happen at this point, i just hope the hire the right guy for the next season.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:35 am

They looked better last night. Unfortunately, losing by one is the same as losing by 10.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:01 pm

What needs to happen is for Hart and Braun to stop choking. Braun is 1 for his last 30 and is clearly pressing. Hart's OBP is falling quicker than the housing market. Does anyone remember their at-bats last night? They were automatic outs. If they struggle tonight, I would like to see Sveum really open up the lineup for tomorrow afternoon in another move to try and spur this team on.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:34 pm

I saw one at bat for each. Hart looked like he wanted to get out before he even grabbed the bat, Braun can't stand on two fee without toppling over. It's like they are reverting back to their first couple days of playing baseball.

I"m surprised they remembered to not piss themselves on the field and seemingly were using toilets without much trouble.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:40 pm

we play the cubs 5 more times... we're doomed!!!
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum