CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
CC Sabathia EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
CC Sabathia EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
CC Sabathia EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
CC Sabathia EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
CC Sabathia EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
CC Sabathia EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
CC Sabathia EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
CC Sabathia EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
CC Sabathia EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CC Sabathia

4 posters

Go down

CC Sabathia Empty CC Sabathia

Post by drago Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 am

The dude is 7-0 in eight starts with the crew and i think 7 complete games?

Holy crap, he is making a run at another Cy Young in half a damn season. His stock has to be soring for his FA splash. I'm curious it the Brewers make a play at getting Sheets locked up or if they stick with the promoting from within.

If we do not sign an ace to replace these two, we will need a lead off man that actually bats lead off. Weeks would be ok in the 6th slot but this is getting ridiculous, he is just worthless at drawing walks or going deep into counts.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

CC Sabathia Empty Re: CC Sabathia

Post by Klugie Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Drago, the Crew would be absolutely retarded to try and lock up Sheets. We would have to waste way too much money to keep an injury prone pitcher around. Someone with unlimited money to spare will get him and not even mind if he can only pitch half the season..... AKA the yankees if they dont get CC.

If they were to try and lock up any pitcher with some of the money they will have freed up (10 million just on F-in Gagnes chump a** alone) they would go after Sabathia, but they dont really have any chance at producing the money to keep him. They will need 1 more decent starter., but if Parra keeps comign around he could be almost an ace as well as gallardo.

We have a guy coming up in Escobar who could possibly bat lead off but might be more of an experiment. He would be playing shortstop and then I would assume JJ would go to 2nd or vice versa.
Klugie
Klugie
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:25 pm

I've heard about that short stop, he sounds interesting in that he is more of a complete hitter (something the brewers have in their lineup but they all seem to be the same hitter).

You're probably right about Sheets. I've watched enough football to know that a player that is injury prone for their entire career then puts together a monster contract year...will more than likely return to being injury prone after the new contract is reached.

I have to tip my cap to the brewers though, they draft best player available and it has really worked out for them. Regardless of what position they play.

It would be sweet if CC really liked it here and gave milwaukee the home town discount. I won't be holding my breath.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klugie Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Yeah thats the only way we have any chance of getting him. And the only real chance we have at having any type of decent or playoff team next year
Klugie
Klugie
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Klugie wrote:Yeah thats the only way we have any chance of getting him. And the only real chance we have at having any type of decent or playoff team next year

Ya never know. Maybe weeks turns it around and is more of a threat to getting on base next year. If he does that all these solo bombs turn into 2 run home runs. There is a big difference between your power guys hitting with no one on and a burner like weeks on.

A lot also rides on Gallardo. If he is as good as advertised he could be our next Sheets. Not to mention we get how many first rounders next year? 5?
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klugie Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:35 am

Weeks can go F himself. How much longer they gonna wait for him to come around and start hitting Profeesional pitchers. I could see if he played like Hardy did on Defense. But common dude sucks on both sides. Id rather see Counsel starting at 2nd and I hate that skinny wiener kid! Gallardo is a stud bottom line and will be our next years ace pending on any miracle signing of an ace pitcher. Hopefully Parra can get his head out his ass and become the Ace he has the potential to be, first he has to make it out of the 5th inning tho.
Klugie
Klugie
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:18 am

Klugie wrote:Yeah thats the only way we have any chance of getting him. And the only real chance we have at having any type of decent or playoff team next year

If our pitching stays healthy, we'll be in the playoff race next year as well. Our offense is underachieving this year, I think that we will be more consistent next season. There might be some interesting changes on next year's squad. We definitely have some decisions to make with some of our prospects
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:20 am

[quote="Klugie"]Drago, the Crew would be absolutely retarded to try and lock up Sheets. quote]

The only thing absolutely retarded is this statement. I'm not saying it will be financially possible, but we better try and sign Ben if we can get him at an affordable price.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:39 am

klugie is like the next reynolds. saying stuff that makes zero sense.
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Mr. Reynolds wrote:klugie is like the next reynolds. saying stuff that makes zero sense.

be careful on that one...he bites...and is the only one on this board that is taller than you. Laughing
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm

is he a monster??? like 7'??
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:23 pm

eight feet actually. he eats live lambs for lunch...its his only meal of the day.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:28 pm

drago wrote:eight feet actually. he eats live lambs for lunch...its his only meal of the day.

lambs?? does he shave them first and sell the fur??? he can make some money
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Mr. Reynolds wrote:
drago wrote:eight feet actually. he eats live lambs for lunch...its his only meal of the day.

lambs?? does he shave them first and sell the fur??? he can make some money

I think he changes it up a bit. One of his hobbies is getting on airplanes, punching out the windows and trying to make the crash. He's good at it.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:39 pm

well that's dangerous good thing he is very tall and lanky to he can fly through the air at a perfect angle just incase of an accident
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down