CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do you have a political issue you want to discuss? Or something you want clarified?

+4
Mr. Reynolds
drago
RCBooba
datrain711
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a political issue you want to discuss? Or something you want clarified?

Post by datrain711 Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:44 am

more catholics are democrats than republicans. that is what i'm saying
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Do you have a political issue you want to discuss?  Or something you want clarified? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a political issue you want to discuss? Or something you want clarified?

Post by datrain711 Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:45 am

are you confusing catholics with baptists? that is what i'm thinking but i'm not sure
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:47 am

datrain711 wrote:are you confusing catholics with baptists? that is what i'm thinking but i'm not sure

more than likely...i've renounced my religon, so they tend to get jumbled anymore. I just don't like the self ritous view of themselves.

this person dies = bad
this person dies = impartial
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:49 am

yes i do agree with you that religions seem to get their morals twisted
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:51 am

the one thing i like about republicans is the less government, lower taxes and less or no welfare.

both parties are so similar anymore there doesn't seem much different. a few of my reasons for going obama this time around are abortion, bush and the war.

next election may be different, we'll see.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:53 am

oh no you used the "O" word
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:58 am

ha datrain is a republican!!! damn son... i'm neutral in this situation because i can't vote Sad
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 am

the thought of you voting right now scares me
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:01 am

i'd vote for hilary!!!!! even though i can't... haha she is an abomination to this world... as cartmen would say "theres a bomb is her guch"
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:04 am

Mr. Reynolds wrote:i'd vote for hilary!!!!! even though i can't... haha she is an abomination to this world... as cartmen would say "theres a bomb is her guch"
i'm terrified for the future.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:09 am

yea pretty much, the country is going to be in turmoil by the time were all done with it
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:43 pm

what about welfare?
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:19 pm

A sometime necessary evil. I am against it being abused, whatever that means.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:53 pm

yep. only problem is that we don't have anything motivating people to get off welfare. everyone wants a handout, and once they get that taste of free stuff, there is no going back.

Not saying there isn't a place for it, but unfortunately, 90% of people that go on welfare stay on it for a VERY long time
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Why are black people so poor?

because their welfare checks are under their work boots!! ha
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:49 pm

although I definitely give Tommy Thompson a lot of credit for the W2 programs and other things he initiated
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:06 pm

that comment was racially wrong
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:06 pm

but hey look at the bright side this thread didn't end up in a homo-sexual love fest.
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:42 am

Gay Marriage?

Datrain, I'm honestly curious what you're going to say.

Reynolds, try not to get off on a tangent.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 am

i don't understand why people care about this one. marriage is more of a business decision than anything else.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:09 am

Always knew you were a true romantic, Drago.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:14 am

RCBooba wrote:Always knew you were a true romantic, Drago.

true love...psshhhhh, they just want joint checking accounts and tax breaks! i should run for president. Laughing
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:22 am

Yeah, and while you're at it tell your gf Smile
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:24 am

hah nice drago, i'd vote for you even though i can't because i'm 22!!!!
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:09 pm

Mr. Reynolds wrote:hah nice drago, i'd vote for you even though i can't because i'm 22!!!!

first off, you're 16, secondly are you under the impression that you need to be 23 or older to vote?
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:03 pm

RCBooba wrote:Gay Marriage?

Datrain, I'm honestly curious what you're going to say.

Reynolds, try not to get off on a tangent.

At this point, I don't agree with gay marriage. I guess my fundamental belief is that gay and lesbian romances are wrong, and that they are against the moral fiber of society. I also don't think we are ready to have kids being raised in this country by 2 fathers. Maybe my opinion will change someday, but I think that marriage is for 1 man and 1 woman.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:55 pm

with all the horrible parents out there, i would venture a bet that two gay men, per couple, would do a better job of parenting than a regular straight couple.

I have seen some horrible parents in my day, and i'm only 26. i haven't seen too many gay parents, one to speak of, but they were really great people and treated each other better than 90% of the straight couples i've seen.

i say good for them, and good luck with your families.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:08 pm

drago wrote:
Mr. Reynolds wrote:hah nice drago, i'd vote for you even though i can't because i'm 22!!!!

first off, you're 16, secondly are you under the impression that you need to be 23 or older to vote?

i'm saying that i'm 22 and i can legally drink like take last night for example. i was pro up on that chair at the bar gazing upon all of the different beer. i also was thinking to myself, hmmm... datrain and drago are very wise men. i will now put salt in my beer and get 13 year old girl's numbers...
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:36 pm

My comment wasn't that they wouldn't be good parents, because god knows the parenting going on right now is bad enough that it couldn't get any worse. What I was saying was that I don't think society is ready at this point for 2 gay men to be raising children. And I think that my point is justified by how people are reacting to it right now
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Reynolds Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:50 pm

i'm gay with booba and plan on having many kids Smile

booba wears the dress

strap-on---i wear Smile

God reynolds you're f*cking gross!!!

i can see datrain now in his office looking up the gay pron on the comp. with drago across the room watching in confusion
Mr. Reynolds
Mr. Reynolds
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 pm

datrain711 wrote:My comment wasn't that they wouldn't be good parents, because god knows the parenting going on right now is bad enough that it couldn't get any worse. What I was saying was that I don't think society is ready at this point for 2 gay men to be raising children. And I think that my point is justified by how people are reacting to it right now

you can jusitify it however you like but the country is never ready for certain things.

*abolishing slavery (coupled with the slash and burning of the south) crippled anyone south of the mason dixon
*civil rights in the 60's and 70's
*stopping vietnam
*breaking from england
*seperation of church and state

The country was not ready for any of these things. On each issue there were two sides, two extereme sides. Aside from the burning of the south, all of them were warranted. Like you said about parenting, it coudln't get much worse, or more manipulated, I just dont' believe you can say we aren't ready is all.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:27 am

We didn't always have slavery
Civil Rights was an issue for a few hundred years only
vietnam isn't relevant here
Our hand was forced in breaking from england. I know they regretted the way they handled it, Britain could be the world's #1 power if they didn't get greedy

In civilized society, the one thing that has remained constant is that unity and marriage have been defined by the "creation" of offspring. Its embedded in religous texts and in thousands of years of family values. Like I said, there is NO WAY that right now society is ready for this. A few liberal states like Oregon and Massachusetts might be able to accept it, but even then I doubt it, especially when it comes to the raising a kid issue. Its one thing to allow gays to get married, it will be a whole new ballgame when they start sending "their kids" into society.
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by lacey Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:07 pm

RCBooba wrote:Never should have gone
Never had a right to go
Should leave as soon as possible

I fully agree.
lacey
lacey
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by lacey Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:13 pm

wow, I just read most of the rest of this thread. You guys really jump around!
lacey
lacey
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:23 pm

lacey wrote:wow, I just read most of the rest of this thread. You guys really jump around!

yes, matt and I are hoping to keep things better organized going forward
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:07 pm

datrain711 wrote:
lacey wrote:wow, I just read most of the rest of this thread. You guys really jump around!

You sound like you're drawing up the plans to rule the word. And datrain, that is a scary thought.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:13 pm

datrain711 wrote:We didn't always have slavery
Civil Rights was an issue for a few hundred years only
vietnam isn't relevant here
Our hand was forced in breaking from england. I know they regretted the way they handled it, Britain could be the world's #1 power if they didn't get greedy

In civilized society, the one thing that has remained constant is that unity and marriage have been defined by the "creation" of offspring. Its embedded in religous texts and in thousands of years of family values. Like I said, there is NO WAY that right now society is ready for this. A few liberal states like Oregon and Massachusetts might be able to accept it, but even then I doubt it, especially when it comes to the raising a kid issue. Its one thing to allow gays to get married, it will be a whole new ballgame when they start sending "their kids" into society.

From what it sounds like, you are saying "only when a state becomes highly liberal can they handle gay marriage". Being that you are conservative, you would not want that day ever to come.

Truth is, there will never be a 'good time" to do it. There will always be problems, but marriage is more of a tax tool than it is about 'true love' anymore. The rules have changed. I for one, will not get married in a church, it will be in a courthouse, with that said religon has no bearing on who i want to be with. Although in my case it would still be a woman (despite what booba may have you believe Smile).
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:53 pm

lol, you do love saying that marriage is a tax thing now huh. I bet you are in the 10% minority of people that get married that even know what the tax benefits are.

And yes, if any states would be able to handle gay marriage, they would have to be liberal states. Look at the bible belt, there is no chance of it working there at this point.

And I don't know if you are getting my point about why this situation is different. Over generations, there have been many instances in which hatred and intolerance has occurred, it is all cyclical really. But the ONE thing that has been constant has been that society has ordered itself by creation. If you make that much of a drastic change to how the family unit is built, there will be consequences that I don't think you are anticipating
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by datrain711 Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:54 pm

RCBooba wrote:
datrain711 wrote:

You sound like you're drawing up the plans to rule the word. And datrain, that is a scary thought.

booba, i'm really not that bad of a guy. and by organizing things, I just mean we are going to try and keep threads somewhat on topic. Although, I think that a good portion of the problem was due to 1 poster who "shall remain nameless"
datrain711
datrain711
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Hahaha...I know. You guys had your Gestapo moment, but now I'm sure things will be smooth sailing
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next