CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Unsung Jet Heros EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Unsung Jet Heros EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Unsung Jet Heros EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Unsung Jet Heros EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Unsung Jet Heros EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Unsung Jet Heros EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Unsung Jet Heros EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Unsung Jet Heros EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Unsung Jet Heros EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Unsung Jet Heros

Go down

Unsung Jet Heros Empty Unsung Jet Heros

Post by carter Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:29 pm

There are more than a few of them but rewatching the game tonight, my hat is off to a few guys:

David Harris - Every time he has a tackle, it's like the other player buckles to the turf. Harris doesn't just tackle the player, he brings them down as hard as he can and rarely, if ever, misses a tackle. I love the way this guy plays but he doesn't tend to get the sexy stat lines so he doesn't get talked about. He may be a team MVP if the team wasn't full of them already.

Mike Devito - As Jets fans, how many times have we seen an injury to one of our linemen and it cripples the whole season? Devito has stepped in for injuries to both Jenkins and Ellis and played remarkably. He is intense at the point of contact and always seems in control of the player blocking him. He is great at getting off blocks and is as sure a tackler as any Jet defender.

Brandon Moore - We hear it all the time, "Four first rounders on the offensive line!" Lets not pretend that this line is made up of only those four players, this Jet team loves running right. They love putting a back right behind number 65 and watching him move the other team's muscle off the line of scrimmage. Not only is he powerful but he is quick and athletic. He did a great job all season of getting past the first level (if necessary) and onto the linebackers. You have to love what Moore brings to this team.

Braylon Edwards - Yeah, i said it. I know he dropped a big touchdown against the Bengals but he has accepted his role as a WR on a run-first team. When Sanchez needed a big first down on a third down, Edwards is where he looks. If the ball gets to him on any underneath route, he is as sure handed as they come (aside from maybe Mr. Cotchery who is not human). Beyond the catching, Edwards has been great as a run blocker, this coincides with accepting his role on this team. His interviews also imply that he is a team first player. I can't wait for his break out game, it's coming.

Other notables - James Idhegabo, Wallace Wright, Nick Mangold, Tony Richardson, Jericho Cotchery and Brian Schottenheimer.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum