CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
The Jersey Plan EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
The Jersey Plan EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
The Jersey Plan EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
The Jersey Plan EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
The Jersey Plan EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
The Jersey Plan EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
The Jersey Plan EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
The Jersey Plan EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
The Jersey Plan EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Jersey Plan

4 posters

Go down

The Jersey Plan Empty The Jersey Plan

Post by Dr. Cox Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Here is my proposal. Our first reserve game I will take a tally of who wants new jersey’s and who does not. I understand cost is a factor and from what I have been told there have been numerous people who looked at jerseys and prices. It looks like one jersey with logo and numbers will be about 35 clams tops. If I am wrong on this number someone correct me but I am assuming 35 is on the high side. I would guess we would need virtually a unanimous decision at get this thing rolling. In the event of a vote to get new jersey’s I will leave the logo and jersey style up to Jake and Jason (if anyone else wants to add their creative input then speak up). As I did state before we would need almost a unanimous decision for one reason.
These are ugly times in the economy and the last thing I want is for someone to feel that they would have to fork over 35 clams for something they don’t want, or leave the team. I personally would love to get new jersey’s but not at the expense of losing any of you as teammates (yes that’s right I have grown to love each and every one of you, even smelly Drago).
I will remind everyone right now that we will owe Drago 50 clams on the first game for our season for our season fees. So if we do vote for new jersey’s we would be looking at about 85 clams (someone correct me if the jerseys would be cheaper) out of everyone’s pockets. Just wanted to put that in perspective for everyone.
If we do again vote yes for new jersey’s this is how I will go about ordering them. I WILL NOT FRONT THE BILL, NOR DO I EXPECT ANYONE ELSE TO. I will take a collection for the money for three weeks only. At that time if I do have the FULL funds, I will go through with purchasing the jerseys, which by that time I would expect the design to be completed. If I do not have the full funds I will return the money that I have collected (that or leave the country with the greatest scam ever). I don’t want to hold on to a bunch of people’s money waiting for a few that can’t remember a simple thing.
Lastly, if there is a majority of people who do not want jerseys and are fine with what we have now I will drop this silly pursuit for new jersey’s no questions asked. Like I stated before the last thing I want to accomplish is to create a rift on this team in any which way or lose any of you as players.
If anyone would like to improve on this plan or help out I am open for suggestions.
Dr. Cox
Dr. Cox
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

The Jersey Plan Empty Re: The Jersey Plan

Post by drago Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm down for 35, wouldn't mind 40. I honestly don't want to go higher.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BOMBER Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:37 pm

The jersey/design doesn't really matter to me - the ones I posted were just the cheapest ones I could find online. We could even just go to the local Walmart or Target or whatever and buy some generic microfiber shirts (example), and then we would just have to find somewhere to get them printed. If Kalman could talk Stefans into printing for us, that would be very quick and painless. Otherwise I'm sure there's a place nearby that does screenprinting.

I think $35 is really highballing it, unless we decide to get matching shorts too. But I'm sure just about all of us own a pair of plain black or white shorts...
BOMBER
BOMBER
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by jaysonewald Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:22 pm

I personally would like one but dont want to spend a lot. I just need a jersey with a number and could care less about having a logo on the front for now. I agree with Drago's goal of keeping the total cost to play on this team low so the jerseys should be done the same way so the maximum amount of teammates could get one. Looking around there is a couple of inexpensive choices for jerseys:

Nike Tempo: $13.50 Adult
http://www.gamegearsports.com/SoccerJerseys-Nike-Tiempo.html

Eastbay Prodigy: $12.99 Adult
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:90645/sku:4137204/Eastbay%20Prodigy%20Soccer%20Jersey%20-%20Men%27s?supercat=home&size=L&cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20GENERAL%20SEARCH

I found a number kit, I could use: $1.00-1.50 (depending on shipping)
http://www.spot98.net/1-order/ROCKIT-numbers-INK-8-special.html

Otherwise we could find cost at other places around here for numbers?

I would like to have an understanding of who on the team is willing to pay for their own jerseys and preferences along with any other ideas. Then we could vote on the choices.

Either of the two choices provided above would be with the numbering kit around $15-16 so we for $30-32 we could get two sets a orange and gray with numbering and no logo if we wanted. I personally would go with the Eastbay with the assumption that they are less likely to get discontinued in the future so easy to add more jerseys. Eastbay just the other week had a 20% labor weekend special on any order over $100, right now they are running free shipping.

Drago from the club's perspective talk to Langer about the possibility that we could buy the jerseys now individually and then in the future the club could buy them back from us at discount or when that player leaves.

We should have a discussion at upcoming games or practices about this and not just shotgun this just to get it done. This needs to be a business decision and not hillbilly “I want this one Pa lets get it”. Some starting discussion points:

- Team decision on jerseys (yes/no)
- Timing (midway thru fall/before spring season buying the jerseys in the winter could wait for another 20% off deal from Eastbay going into the winter Jersey cost would drop to $10.50)
- Amount per a player limit ($15/$25/$35 max, one or two)
- Collection (with dues in fall or could do winter dues for jerseys for spring)
- Extras (for example if we have 18 of 20 people interested and waited for a good deal on the jersey(20% eastbay example) we could get 2 sets of 20 jerseys.

$10.50 jersey plus $1.50 numbering = $12.00 each times 2 = $24.00 in cost, total cost $480.00

18 people pay in $26.67 and the extra $2.67 will pay for two additional sets for spares or incoming new players.

I fine with having them by spring season, the fall is most likely going to cool off by first game in later September and the Tee will work fine, just think we should put some serious thought into this before we start to put capital (money) into it.

jaysonewald
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down