CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Born in the Wrong Year EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Born in the Wrong Year EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Born in the Wrong Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Born in the Wrong Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Born in the Wrong Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Born in the Wrong Year EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Born in the Wrong Year EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Born in the Wrong Year EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Born in the Wrong Year EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Born in the Wrong Year

3 posters

Go down

Born in the Wrong Year Empty Born in the Wrong Year

Post by carter Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Ever think of that?

I know, deep down in the backest parts of my head that I was not supposed to be born in 1982 or even in the 1980's. What the **** happened in the 1980's? I have NOTHING to hang my hat on. I could have stormed the beaches of Normandy, die on the spot or not, i could have been a part of America's (or the World's) greatest generation and died in 1944 as so many did. I could have stormed the walls of Fredricksburg or defended the Devil's Den of 1863, I could have been Pete Best and kicked out of the Beatles right before they made it big.

I could have been a prostitute for the Civil War vets in the early 1860's or been the last man to travel to the west in the 1950's, lose everything I had for the one purpose of striking gold. What if I was decapitated in the French Revolution or served in a regiment that got inihilated at Waterloo.

My generation sucks. Even if i went to fight in Iraq or Afghansistan, what do I tell my children? Or Children's children? That I was a part of the utter domination of a country and it's people? That I implemented torture on a weaker country and was a part of changing a government to something that had been an unknown to its region? What kind of generation are we? We have the internet...what if that went away tomorrow, could you fix it? Do you know how to generate power? Can you build a bridge? What do you actually know? It seems to me that my (our) generation is largely people that can only utilize the tools others have made but WE cannot actually do a damn thing!

I want to be a part of something great, something better. I want to be the first person to die in WWII or the unknown person that fired a shot to start the revolution, the person that stood guard over Napolean as he was Ostracized for the second time for life imprisonment. Can't I be the Patrick Henry who gave maybe the country's greatest speech? Give me liberty or give me death. Maybe I would be the man who invented the printing press and decided to give all credit of the new world to a man that discovered nothing, unless you include slavery, to Cristobol Colombus.

Give me more. The 1980's are garbage as is the entire generation, we are not great and are not even close to great, the last 30 years have been ****, aside from Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd...what have we done? What do you actually know how to do?
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Born in the Wrong Year Empty Re: Born in the Wrong Year

Post by Ollie Octagon Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:59 am

If you think this is the only generation that can't "do" anything, then you are sorely mistaken. What happened to the US in the first 10 or 15 years of the 20th century? Or the 30 years proceeding that?

Sure the people back then could farm and ride horses but what's so important about that? Throughout human events, one person never knows how to do everything, they generally have their one skill that makes them reasonably valuable and that's where it ends.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBooba Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:07 am

I've always felt that I should've been born in the 1800s, and it gets annoying sometimes.

Our generation hasn't had the opportunity yet to prove itself, so don't be blasting it too bad. As for the 'baby boomers' and the generation after them....not so good.
RCBooba
RCBooba
Tormented Sole

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:42 am

We could have been peasants together. The world is in our hands.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down