CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!)

4 posters

Go down

heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) Empty heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!)

Post by cpschult Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:45 am

A 'big problem' - heroin - rattles small-town Milton
By DOUG ERICKSON
608-252-6149
derickson@madison.com
MILTON -- Along with the usual year-end activities at the middle school here -- a picnic for eighth-graders, a trip to Six Flags Great America -- students were shuffled into an assembly Friday that no one saw coming just a few weeks ago.

As the 500 students settled onto bleachers, Milton Police Chief Jerry Schuetz launched into the un-middle school-like topic of heroin use among classmates.

It's been that kind of spring in Milton, a city of about 5,670 people 35 miles southeast of Madison. First, swine flu closed the high school. Then, on May 16, three Milton Middle School boys, all eighth-graders, overdosed on heroin. All three recovered.

As if the overdoses themselves weren't shocking enough, the details have stunned people.

One of the boys allegedly stole the heroin, in powder form, from the bedroom of the mother of one of the other boys, according to police. After snorting the heroin, the boys started vomiting at a local park and one passed out.

A fourth teenager who happened to be at the park recognized the signs of heroin overdose and called a 20-year-old man known around town as a local heroin user, police said. The man, who was not far away at a laundromat, assessed the situation, then saved the life of the most seriously ill boy by injecting him with Narcan, a drug that counteracts the effects of a heroin overdose. ( HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA)

"Think about that," said Tim Schigur, the middle school principal. "They know enough to call someone who's a local user to come save their friend's life. It's amazing we live in a world that has that kind of skill set."

The police department, working with school officials, decided to attack the problem aggressively with the assembly.

"This is an attempt to scare them," Lt. John Conger said prior to the assembly. "Three of their friends damn near died."

'An epidemic'

In the last year, heroin use in Rock County has become "an epidemic," with 11 deaths in 13 months, Conger said. Heroin killed 14 people in Dane County last year, up from eight in 2007.

At Friday's assembly, Schuetz told students they could die from their first heroin use. He urged them to have a game plan for rejecting peer pressure. "Say, 'No, I have too many reasons to live.'"

In the audience were two of the three boys who had overdosed. One of them giggled throughout the 20-minute assembly, disappointing faculty members. The third boy has skipped town with his mother, who could face charges as the alleged owner of the heroin, Schuetz said.

During a question-and-answer period, one girl asked what heroin looks like. Schuetz said it can be a white powder that's snorted or smoked or a clear liquid that's injected with a needle. (Schuetz later said he struggled with how explicit to get with children.)

Another student asked, "Why don't people just eat it?" Schuetz said heroin would seriously impact a person's digestive system.

As the students dispersed, several swarmed around Schuetz, including one girl who told him she was embarrassed because her brother was one of the three who had overdosed.

'Such big problems'

Seventh-grader Megan Martin, 13, said everyone around her listened intently during the assembly. "I just thought we were a little small town," she said. "I didn't know we had such big problems."

Another seventh-grader, Ben Lima, 13, said he really didn't know what heroin was and that the assembly helped him realize its dangers.

Schuetz said the boys who overdosed apparently didn't know much about heroin, either. One told an officer that he thought they were snorting cocaine.

The investigation into the incident continues, with one of the boys possibly facing charges for allegedly stealing the heroin and distributing it to the others.

Schuetz said he has decided not to seek charges against the 20-year-old man, even though he administered a drug (Narcan) without a license. "We really do feel he saved the boy's life."

On the other hand, there probably won't be a police commendation, either, he said.
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) Empty Re: heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!)

Post by carter Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:37 pm

rl

WTF? The world has sunk to a new low...we are seeking out the help of drug addicts to help kids. Nice!
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!) Empty Re: heroin in milton, near janesville (funny!)

Post by cpschult Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:45 pm

How ****ing crazy is it that a kid would call a drug user over 911? I honestly wonder how to fix / regulate the drug issue. Apperently the kids thought they were snorting cocaine.
LOL
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by tictac Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Thats nuts. I wish they would take it more seriously, but then again we are way too overpopulated as it is.

I guess maybe they thought they wouldn't get in trouble if they called the user instead of the cops. Had to be awkward for the "hero"
tictac
tictac
The "Pagan Baby"

http://icanhascheezburger.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:06 pm

I think the US should mass produce some heroin and coke then stuff it full of rat poison. No more junkies, help overpopulation of the non-working class, and drug dealers would have some real Xplainin to do. Laughing
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 pm

dont act like the working class doesnt toke up bra
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by tictac Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:19 pm

good plan, i'd like to see you try and get that on enacted.

Walking, how does josef like that cat-tree?
tictac
tictac
The "Pagan Baby"

http://icanhascheezburger.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:22 pm

cpschult wrote:dont act like the working class doesnt toke up bra

I meant more for the burnouts. Not the people that can at least moderately keep it together. It would be a very fun social experiment.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:07 am

tictac wrote:

Walking, how does josef like that cat-tree?

he's a big fan

apparently after playing with the swinging ball, he realized that he has one on his scratching post as well

i think he knows you aksed about it because he just jumped up there!
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by lacey Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 pm

That is f-d. Middle schoolers?? Come on!! What a bunch of idiots. And the parent who had it.... wow. I agree that we are over-populated, but there has to be a better way to control the population than drugs. One of my friend's friends just passed from ODing on Heroin. Such a waste.
lacey
lacey
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:19 pm

I didn't even know you could get that stuff up north. I mean i guess I "knew" but i would never expect to hear about people ODing and what not. Do i know the friend?
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by cpschult Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 pm

heroin is one of those drugs where its so easy to kill yourself

that's why i smoke crack
cpschult
cpschult
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down