CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
D3Kicks EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
D3Kicks EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
D3Kicks EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
D3Kicks EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
D3Kicks EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
D3Kicks EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
D3Kicks EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
D3Kicks EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
D3Kicks EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

D3Kicks

4 posters

Go down

D3Kicks Empty D3Kicks

Post by drago Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:37 pm

I can't believe how insecure those posters are over there. Of course most of what is written on this site is going to be geared towards Carroll, it's a subjective topic and there will be biases. I think it's fun writing a few things about games and whatever else. It's like they think I"m the first person to have a bias towards a team. lol

The other funny thing I read over there, is everyone is under the assumption I have done all the writing on this site, truth be told, i think I've written about 60% of it. I've done a couple of the rankings but not most of them.

It's a good thing D3 soccer players will never be famous for their "skills" because they cannot handle a difference in opinion. (or maybe most could is just the ones that talk that can't handle criticism).

Next season should be good. I would expect Norbert to very good and make a more than serious run at the conference title. Grinnell seems to always be solid and are returning quite a few starters. I'd really like to see a few other schools step up and raise the skill of this conference. It would be great to see the MWC get more respect when it comes to regional and national rankings.
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

D3Kicks Empty Re: D3Kicks

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:41 pm

I have not spent too much time over there but what I have read is sort of strange. Most people hide behind a name like "soccerguy111" or something and only tear people down. It has to be one of the more unmoderated boards I have ever seen.

Each site has their niche and I think D3Kicks has a great niche in that they are getting great site hits from a few different regions. I wouldn't doubt the rest of the forums start getting more traffic as the site ages a bit.

Good luck to them, they have a nice thing going.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaintiff93 Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:19 pm

never tried it. d3kicks.com?
Plaintiff93
Plaintiff93
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaintiff93 Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:19 pm

yeah, .com...haha
Plaintiff93
Plaintiff93
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:12 pm

yeah, D3kicks.com

The people who started the site are Lawrence University alums....
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:50 pm

I didn't know that. I think they have a great idea for a site, it could use forums that don't always pertain to soccer but everyone does it differently. It looks very professional, this one is still a work in progress. lol
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:38 pm

they used to update the site daily and rankings and post season award stuff. Their careers got in the way though. Rumor has it they are going to bring it back next year. I hope so...
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:21 am

I'll be updating those things here for next season. I need to find the site that has those things listed but have been intending to do that for a while. I like doing that stuff anyway and it is fun to follow along with.

Do you know of a few sites? I remember Pease saying that the NCAA site has a link for D3 soccer but it is sort of buried. I'm sure i'll be able to find it.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:02 pm

d3kicks.com

d3soccer.com

I would suggest only ranking Wisocnsin teams and like do rankings for conferences with Wisconsin teams in them. LIke only the CCIW, MWC, and NAC then the independent schools. I think only focusing on WIsconsin teams you can get a lot of exposure and get the site a lot of hits. If your only focusing on Wisconsin you can take a lot more time with write-ups and it would be a lot easier.

D3kicks.com did the whole country and they got burned out and now are losing a lot of hits. Many people are going over to d3soccer.com. I would suggest staying in Wisconsin and you can always expand from their. You could have videos on here and interviews with players and such. I have lots of ideas I just dont know jack **** about making web sites lol.
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

Back to top Go down

Post by drago Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:24 pm

I am not too good with sites either. My sister has helped me immensely on this site and it still needs a lot of work.

The reason i used the word "cheese" is supposed to imply wisconsin and someday i'd like to branch out to other sports. We'll see though.

I like the idea of interviews and things like that. Videos will be tough, i'm not sure how to imbed them but once i figure that out, that would be fun too.
drago
drago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum