CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
Undercover Boss EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
Undercover Boss EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
Undercover Boss EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
Undercover Boss EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
Undercover Boss EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
Undercover Boss EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
Undercover Boss EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Undercover Boss EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
Undercover Boss EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Undercover Boss

3 posters

Go down

Undercover Boss Empty Undercover Boss

Post by carter Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 am

I have watched all of these but the first on (waste management). The show is pretty good, i like that the CEO's are taking the time to get to know what makes their company tick but why do they act so surprised when they see an employee doing a great job?

Every episode shows the CEO saying things like "wow, we just couldn't do it with him/her." During the 711 episdoe, one of the employees, working the late shift, satated that he doesn't consider this a career and that he didn't feel there was room to grow. The fact that the CEO was surprised was ridiculous. Of course there's not room to grow! You'd have to know someone in the front office to get away from the branch level!

Then after each show they throw money at the employees they met on their little trip. What about the rest of the employees? Are they this ignorant to assume that only the employees they met were worth anything?

It's a frustrating show but it is good entertainment.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Undercover Boss Empty Re: Undercover Boss

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 pm

I tend to agree with you that the CEO's are playing dumb but these companies are not exactly small. Do you suggest they throw bonuses at just anyone? How else do they get to know these people?

At this point in the series it looks like the companies are merely looking for face time and are chalking this up to a marketing expense.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 am

You call it an expense? I bet they are making good coin on this crap. I do think they could find the good employees, the people that have been there for 20 years in branches that are showing tremendous production. Why wouldn't they assume certain employees are the cause of such production?

It's poor judgement to assume something is preforming well due only to its location and nothing else.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Ooh, ooh, this is a perfect opportunity to be cynical and slightly insulting...you know, be myself.

This show is complete crap. Every exec on the show knows that their employees put up with ****, and the bosses' experience is neither eye opening nor meaningful in any way. Whatever bonus they give is just to try and convince stupid viewers that "Hey, look how nice we are! We noticed our employees work hard and we rewarded them for it. We must be a great firm!" **** that. You've always known what your employees do, and this is a publicity stunt to make the idiots feel good about their consumption.

ethan
Bright Future

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:30 am

ethan wrote:Ooh, ooh, this is a perfect opportunity to be cynical and slightly insulting...you know, be myself.

This show is complete crap. Every exec on the show knows that their employees put up with ****, and the bosses' experience is neither eye opening nor meaningful in any way. Whatever bonus they give is just to try and convince stupid viewers that "Hey, look how nice we are! We noticed our employees work hard and we rewarded them for it. We must be a great firm!" **** that. You've always known what your employees do, and this is a publicity stunt to make the idiots feel good about their consumption.
showing their houses before ths show starts does not exactly indeer them to the viewers either. Especially when almost every show touches on the possibility of outsourcings jobs or closing down factories.

Stick it to the little guy but make sure the CEO is riding in a 60K car and a house worth 3 million or more. They certainly do feel grounded to me.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum