CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
'My Way' Killings EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
'My Way' Killings EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
'My Way' Killings EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
'My Way' Killings EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
'My Way' Killings EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
'My Way' Killings EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
'My Way' Killings EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
'My Way' Killings EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
'My Way' Killings EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

'My Way' Killings

2 posters

Go down

'My Way' Killings Empty 'My Way' Killings

Post by drago Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 pm

They are serious about their Kareokee...wow

'My Way' deaths lead karaoke bars in Philippines to ban song
Frank Sinatra's "My Way" has been banned from many bars across the Philippines after at least six people were killed in the last decade while performing karaoke renditions of the song.

The so-called "My Way killings" have led to many bars in the karaoke-obsessed country removing the song from their playlists amid fears of violence.

Bar owners believe the number of deaths could be fuelled by what some perceive as "arrogance" in the lyrics of the song.

It is one of the most popular karaoke tunes in the Philippines which also has a more than one million illegally carried guns.

Most of the killings are reported to have happened after the singer sang out of tune and crowds jeered.

In one fatal case Romy Baligula, 29, was shot dead in the city of San Mateoin 2007. He was halfway through My Way when a security guard shouted that he was out of tune. He carried on regardless and the guard shot him in the chest with a revolver.

Karaoke killings have been recorded elsewhere in Asia. In Thailand two years ago a man shot dead eight of his neighbours after becoming enraged when they repeatedly sang John Denver's Take Me Home, Country Roads.

In 2008 Abdul Sani Doli hogged the microphone for so long in Sandakan, Borneo that listeners stabbed him to death.

Rodolfo Gregorio, 63, a karaoke singer in the Philippine city of General Santos, said: "The trouble with My Way is that everyone knows it and everyone has an opinion. You can get killed."
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

'My Way' Killings Empty Re: 'My Way' Killings

Post by Ollie Octagon Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:00 pm

I can't put my finger on what's wrong with music today. I like a lot of new stuff, but none of it seems really enduring. Seems like everyone's going for the lowest common denominator. Music is so fractured that there's a bunch of little niches, but no great imagination capturing, barrier crossing pop artists anymore. Michael Jackson was probably the last one. CD's produced today are commercials for concerts, when in the old days concerts were commercials for the albums.

In the 60's there was a revolution in recording that lasted for a long time while artists expanded their boundaries in the studio. Today, and kid with a decent understanding of recording software can put together a radio quality track in his bedroom. There's not as much value in song writing anymore, instead it's about auto-tuning and production.

Sad, really.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum