CA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» J10 cui bap
CU in 2010 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:28 am by Mrblack0301

» F35
CU in 2010 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 am by Mrblack0301

» Williams Sonoma - Up to 30% Off Entire Order
CU in 2010 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» New Balance 1870 Women’s Walking Shoes
CU in 2010 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am by kichiki

» Crossover 2-Button Side Vent Plain Front Suit
CU in 2010 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am by kichiki

» The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
CU in 2010 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» The Universe: The Mega Collection on Blu-ray
CU in 2010 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 am by kichiki

» Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
CU in 2010 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 am by kichiki

» Chessmaster Challenge for PC
CU in 2010 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 am by kichiki

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CU in 2010

5 posters

Go down

CU in 2010 Empty CU in 2010

Post by drago Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Could Carroll's men's soccer program be in for hard times? You might think so if you look at the recent graduates

2008 -

Dona Lado - Three time all conference, school leader in assists
Derek Marie - Four year starter, two year all region, four time all conference
Nate Lembke-Windler - Four year starter, two years all conference
Alex Goranson - Four year starter two year all conference
Bram Dahlemans - Two year starter, played on the best defense in school history
2009 -

Stanislaw Miaskowski - Two year starter, academic All-American, gave up the fewest amount of goals in a single season
Andy Prentice - Three year starter, 2 year all conference, 2009 player of the year
Craig Carlson - Three year starter, three time all conference, 2008 player of the year, two time all region

How do these players get replaced? If you are a fan of the Midwest Conference you have to assume other teams are licking their chops in hopes of getting a shot to supplant the regular season champions. Teams like Grinnell and Beloit already know they can play with and beat Carroll, taking away a lot of the mistique around the squad.

If the Pioneers have one thing going for them, it's that they haven't always won with the best talent. After a dissapointing 2003 season, in which they were picked to win conference in a land slide but ended up missing the tournament entirely, the 2004 team was supposed to be a part of a rebuilding process. As it turns out, the 2004 team gave up the fewest conference goals in a season (until 2008) on their way to a conference crown.

It will be interesting to see how the 2010 squad responds with their youth and largely unknown talent but if I had to guess; the Pioneers will be in the race until the end.

Let's all hope for a great season and no injuries. Good luck to the Midwest Conference.
I usually don't write this stuff but I wanted to test the blog function on the Carroll page. St. Norbert has one as well, soon the rest of the schools will. I'm working out the kinks right now so don't yell at me if it isn't the most user friendly thing at this point...although it is pretty decent so far.

http://www.cheeseathletics.com/College/2010/CarrollUniversity.aspx
drago
drago
Admin

http://www.cheeseathletics.com

Back to top Go down

CU in 2010 Empty Re: CU in 2010

Post by Ollie Octagon Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:29 pm

The link doesn't show the blog. So I did a little research, Iowa style. The blog is set up here.

I have to say though, it is moderately difficult to navigate with a drop down menu coming down where you actually want someone to click. I figured it out because of pure brain power but with a bunch of Carroll students and graduate lurking; I just don't know if they would be able to handle this.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Ollie Octagon wrote:The link doesn't show the blog. So I did a little research, Iowa style. The blog is set up here.

I have to say though, it is moderately difficult to navigate with a drop down menu coming down where you actually want someone to click. I figured it out because of pure brain power but with a bunch of Carroll students and graduate lurking; I just don't know if they would be able to handle this.

Tell us more about your brain power. Rolling Eyes

It will be a very interesting year for the MWC. Both Carroll, Norbert and Grinnell lost significant players; it may be Beloit's turn to run the table.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Octagon Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:11 pm

I will tell you all you need to know about my brain power. All I need is an audience.

The three teams you listed will all be in the running next year. I could see one or maybe two of those teams (Carroll, Grinnell, St. Norbert) slipping a bit and missing the tournament. My gut tells me St. Norbert will take a top two spot but I am really curious to see the other two in 2010.
Ollie Octagon
Ollie Octagon
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by carter Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 am

Carroll has a track record of making the tournament. It's border line ridiculous to ASSUME that they will not be there when the conference games are finished. By no means would I guarantee they would be in the tourney but I don't think they can be picked against with any kind of subjective rationale at this point in the year.
carter
carter
Quantity over Quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Craigaldo Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:27 pm

God, havnt been on here since after the season...

It will come down to Carroll and St.Norborts once again for the championship but Carroll will win the regular season.

With Pease and Heitpas coming back things will be just fine...

Although we finished the 08 and 09 campaign with no conference losses I have a feeling they might slip in one game and drop one..

My 2010 Top 4

1.) Carroll
2.) St.Norberts
3.) Grinnell
4.) Ripon
Craigaldo
Craigaldo
Resident Malcontent

http://www.geocities.com/graftonsoccer

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseysyin Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:52 pm

I come here accidentally and see your information, thanks for your sharing. Your statements are all very reasonable, also let me learnt a lot, thank you!
I think we are in the transcendence of life every day.
Hopefully we can become friends.

Cheap nba jerseys

jerseysyin
Semi-noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down